This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come Halo revolutionized the industry when it should've been metroid prime?

#1TheBigHairyDudePosted 5/3/2013 1:36:31 PM
Halo CE was certainly revolutionary, but not as much as metroid prime. I mean, when you compare the campaigns, it's obvious that metroid prime has so much more depth.

It bothers me that everyone and their mother knows about Halo, but Metroid Prime remains much more obscure.

Some ignorant people even say prime copied halo. Considering Prime's development started way before Halo, and the fact that Prime is extremely unlike Halo, this is just bogus.

I feel that if Prime had come out before Halo did, Nintendo could have dominated, but instead the reign fell over to Microsoft.
#2nintendo3000Posted 5/3/2013 1:37:45 PM
Well for one thing, at least Halo you can really aim rather than lock on to everything.
---
Metroid Prime 4 needs to happen!!!
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#3da_StoOgePosted 5/3/2013 1:38:56 PM
nintendo3000 posted...
Well for one thing, at least Halo you can really aim rather than lock on to everything.

The Wii versions fixed that.

And the reason was multiplayer TC. That, and it was the first FPS on consoles with good controls.
#4SunDevil77Posted 5/3/2013 1:39:26 PM
TheBigHairyDude posted...
It bothers me that everyone and their mother knows about Halo, but Metroid Prime remains much more obscure.

That sucks, but Prime isn't obscure. It's still regarded as one of the best games ever.

Halo gets credit for bringing multiplayer to a whole new level. Halo 2 was basically the reason Xbox Live was a success.
---
Here comes Old SunDevil77, he's a scaly man-fish. You don't know me. You don't know what I got. I got something to show you.
#5nazacuckooPosted 5/3/2013 1:39:46 PM
da_StoOge posted...
nintendo3000 posted...

The Wii versions fixed that.

And the reason was multiplayer TC. That, and it was the first FPS on consoles with good controls.

^This
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: NazaCageRatt
The official Stalfos of the "A link to the Past 3DS" board.
#6nintendo3000Posted 5/3/2013 1:40:18 PM
I found Hunters multiplayer fun.
---
Metroid Prime 4 needs to happen!!!
Fluttershy is BEST PONY!!!
#7BBBanks03Posted 5/3/2013 1:59:18 PM
Halo, along with Call of Duty, basically shaped the entire FPS industry of today. Metroid Prime was a great game, but it really kind of stands alone. I canít think of ANY FPS games that really play like it.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#8SheepinatorPosted 5/3/2013 2:02:25 PM
Metroid Prime is one of the greatest games ever. Also, one of the greatest success stories in that practically everybody expected the game and the new studio making it to crash and burn.

1>>3>>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Other M

IMO.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#9darkphoenix181Posted 5/3/2013 2:05:15 PM(edited)
actually I think Tribes was really revolutionary just not that known. Players need to understand that something being popular to players doesn't make it revolutionary. It is revolutionary when the devs like it and copy it. Alot of Halo vehicle combat resembles what was found in Tribes. Halo gets credit for it though because Tribes was a PC game and most people who would go to Halo first are console only people.
Tribes also invented loadouts and classes.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/132861-starsiege-tribes

---
proud owner of Pikanips
#10CalistoCoonPosted 5/3/2013 2:18:55 PM
As far as I'm concerned Tribes invented video games and don' get me started on how much I loved Aerial Assault, but I think they are talking about revolution console FPS games.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo