This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How come Halo revolutionized the industry when it should've been metroid prime?

#41TheBlueStigPosted 5/4/2013 6:11:54 PM(edited)
TheBigHairyDude posted...
Halo CE was certainly revolutionary, but not as much as metroid prime. I mean, when you compare the campaigns, it's obvious that metroid prime has so much more depth.

It bothers me that everyone and their mother knows about Halo, but Metroid Prime remains much more obscure.

Some ignorant people even say prime copied halo. Considering Prime's development started way before Halo, and the fact that Prime is extremely unlike Halo, this is just bogus.

I feel that if Prime had come out before Halo did, Nintendo could have dominated, but instead the reign fell over to Microsoft.

Try looking at the damn release dates....

Halo = 11/14/01
Metroid Prime = 11/17/02

FFS none of you butthurt Nintendo fanboys can ever get that kind of thing through your head, only the FIRST one to come out counts as "innovation", everything after that is theft or flattery. That means point blank that Nintendo does NOT get credit for most of the crap they stole from other companies.

As far as you thinking that Prime started development before Halo, there's a video floating around of a prototype version of Halo.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvARfjomr8

That was from 1999, and that was at least 2 years in the making at that point, the GameCube didn't EXIST in any form in 1997.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#42ukokira1Posted 5/4/2013 6:14:12 PM
rofflchopper posted...
NeoGeoXSega posted...
LMAO. Metroid Prime DID NOTHING new.

The non-linear hub worlds with backtracking were done in a lot of 3D games since the PSOne.
Metroid's entire control & combat system was also ripped off from a Dreamcast game called Maken X.

Halo evolved FPS gaming.

What did Halo ever did new? Everything it had was in previous games.

A game doesn't have to do something original for it to be revolutionary.

Except hes *****ing about how Metroid Prime did nothing new. Then went fanboy over Halo.
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#43Lightning_fanPosted 5/4/2013 6:21:49 PM
rofflchopper posted...
NeoGeoXSega posted...

The non-linear hub worlds with backtracking were done in a lot of 3D games since the PSOne.
Metroid's entire control & combat system was also ripped off from a Dreamcast game called Maken X.

Halo evolved FPS gaming.

A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turn around") is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively short period of time.

Metroid Prime as great of a game as it was did not really influence future games as much as Halo did.
I would say Resident Evil 4 was more revolutionary than either of these though.

I mean you could call Gears of War revolutionary for its cover system influencing other games but the cover system itself for instance was in games far before its release such as Syphon Filter DM, and Killswitch
#44SunDevil77Posted 5/4/2013 6:29:29 PM
rofflchopper posted...
NeoGeoXSega posted...

Halo evolved FPS gaming.

Exactly. Bringing something to the masses, and perfecting that thing can be revolutionary.
Take the Beatles for example. They weren't the very first rock artists, but the way they finely tuned rock music and harmony, in combination with fantastic marketing skills created a revolution.
---
You'll...never see me coming.