This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In you opinion what is the biggest debacle in gaming since the crash?

#1invertedlegdropPosted 5/3/2013 3:38:31 PM
To me the crash is the biggest ever since it nearly killed the industry, but what is the biggest debacle since then iyo? There are so many to choose from: The Atari 5200, the violent video game debates of the 90s, the self-destruction of Sega, The Virtual Boy, Sony at E3 2006, Final Fantasy 14, The RRoD fiasco........theres a ton more.

What was the one gaming debacle that stuck out in your opinion?
---
Total number of users on GameFAQS who I think should be thrown screaming from a helicopter:53.
#2adampeltzPosted 5/3/2013 4:13:57 PM
That's a pretty interesting question. I think I'm pretty happy with the industry in general.

But, EA's exclusive contract with the NFL is pretty terrible for consumers in my opinion. The advertisements I'm forced to see when I boot up my Xbox 360 also makes me pretty upset as well. And I'm also sad that arcades don't exist anymore. Plus... Squaresoft>Square Enix by alot.

However, perhaps my biggest sore point would be all the decisions Sega made starting with the Genesis add-on hardware up until present day. The real low was their merger with Sammy. They were never really the same ever again.

Sega went from being one of the premiere publishers/developers in the industry to a corporation who puts out very forgettable content with low quality control. They were even good as a 3rd party for a while but now, I almost barely play any Sega games at all. The "Sega" brand has gotten so diluted, and it's almost meaningless now.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#3kingwutuguPosted 5/3/2013 5:43:23 PM
activision taking juggernaut dlc off before i even knew it existed
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#4SunDevil77Posted 5/3/2013 5:50:52 PM
I'd say it was this gen's quality in hardware. Not just the red rings, but the yellow lights, harddrives frying, etc.

Never happened to me, but I saw a lot more broken consoles than ever. Even more than PS2s.
---
Here comes Old SunDevil77, he's a scaly man-fish. You don't know me. You don't know what I got. I got something to show you.
#5WinternovaPosted 5/3/2013 6:47:33 PM(edited)
Worst debacle? The Intellivision Keyboard Component.

Crap...that was before the crash.

Biggest debacle? The N64DD.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#6Link43130Posted 5/3/2013 6:52:37 PM
entitlement
---
Steam/XBL/PSN: Link43130
#7Arucard05Posted 5/3/2013 7:00:33 PM
Sega releasing the Saturn without telling anybody was a pretty big disaster.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#8TrugamerPosted 5/3/2013 7:04:23 PM
RROD what a debacle, if it was not for Halo and the $600 PS3 they never would have survived that.
#9coldblooded88Posted 5/3/2013 7:06:57 PM
Quote:Sega releasing the Saturn without telling anybody was a pretty big disaster.
@Arucard05

This.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10
#10Arucard05Posted 5/3/2013 7:10:29 PM
RROD what a debacle, if it was not for Halo and the $600 PS3 they never would have survived that.

If not for Halo, it's arguable that there would have ever been an Xbox 360 in the first place.
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham