This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games you are trying not to spoil for yourself?

#1oasisbeyondPosted 5/4/2013 4:44:00 AM
I've watched one GTA V trailer... That's about it. Don't think I'll watch any gameplay at all... Just want things to be fresh. That's what I hate about the internet. We already know too much before a game is even launched. It's a good but also a bad thing. I love to be surprised by game with an item or something I had no idea it had in the game. I guess that's what made games like Tomb Raider and Zelda special back in the day.

So right now... I know 100% GTA V and Dark Souls 2 will be full price purchases for me, so I will try my best not to spoil myself :)
#2SunDevil77Posted 5/4/2013 4:46:21 AM
A Link to the Past 2 and Beyond: Two Souls at the moment.
---
Here comes Old SunDevil77, he's a scaly man-fish. You don't know me. You don't know what I got. I got something to show you.
#3HawkerHurricanePosted 5/4/2013 4:56:07 AM
Metro Last Light
---
Political correctness is fascism with manners.
#4oisin111Posted 5/4/2013 5:05:43 AM
That's what I did for Mass Effect 3, but then I got one of the worst endings you could get because I didn't realise you had to scan planets for the war assets. I little knowledge isn't so bad going into it.
#5CoordinatesPosted 5/4/2013 5:11:25 AM
Beyond: Two Souls. I had to resist watching that 35 minutes gameplay video.
Also Heavy Rain. My PS3 crapped out with the YLoD near the end of the game. I refuse to check anything related to it.
#6JKSonicPosted 5/4/2013 5:13:22 AM
Nothing right now...I don't really do that much anymore. And actually, I'm pretty sure I've read that studies show you actually end up enjoying something more if you spoil it a bit for yourself. When I was little I used to try and go in as fresh but I've found it's much more fun to spoil some small things while still keeping the mains tory spoilers a mystery.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#7Perfect LightPosted 5/4/2013 5:18:23 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
That's what I hate about the internet. We already know too much before a game is even launched. It's a good but also a bad thing.

With a game like GTAV, there's no question I will be there at the midnight release. For some other games, however, I need to watch videos to make sure I'm not getting suckered into buying a stinker. New IPs and reboots and even some sequels need a lot of media to convince people to buy them.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#8SunDevil77Posted 5/4/2013 5:21:48 AM
Perfect Light posted...
oasisbeyond posted...
That's what I hate about the internet. We already know too much before a game is even launched. It's a good but also a bad thing.

With a game like GTAV, there's no question I will be there at the midnight release. For some other games, however, I need to watch videos to make sure I'm not getting suckered into buying a stinker. New IPs and reboots and even some sequels need a lot of media to convince people to buy them.

Exactly. I am glad we have resources to assure that we get a good game.

Gone are the days that I run home excitedly with a new copy of Quest 64 and pop it in expecting an amazing game.
---
Here comes Old SunDevil77, he's a scaly man-fish. You don't know me. You don't know what I got. I got something to show you.
#9NejiHyuga900Posted 5/4/2013 5:22:07 AM
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs, if it ever comes out. I already ruined my horror experience with Amnesia: The Dark Descent by watching 5 or 6 playthroughs of it before playing it (I actually sped run through The Dark Descent on my first time playing).
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#10Gandalf the IstariPosted 5/4/2013 5:53:13 AM
Bravely Default mostly.