This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playing DD:DA reminds me of Dark Balls for some reason...

#11SunDevil77Posted 5/4/2013 12:39:45 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
I like how I'm supposed to know what DD:DA is supposed to stand for

Designated Driver: Drunken Adventures, obviously.
---
You'll...never see me coming.
#12HighOnPhazonPosted 5/4/2013 12:39:59 PM
No
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#13TheRobPosted 5/4/2013 12:41:04 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
I like how I'm supposed to know what DD:DA is supposed to stand for

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#14HighOnPhazonPosted 5/4/2013 12:41:30 PM
Thank you
---
#15TheRobPosted 5/4/2013 12:47:08 PM(edited)
No problem.

Also, to remain on topic, I did actually have a few deja vu moments while playing the game where it felt kind of like I was playing Dark Souls. Some caverns made me feel like I was trudging through Blighttown again.

When it's dark and you're wandering around with only a lantern lighting the way, that's when it feels most like Dark Souls.

---
The People's Heel
'B-|
#16HighOnPhazonPosted 5/4/2013 12:50:37 PM
If I already played Dragons Dogma, what does Dark Arisen add or change?
---
#17SunDevil77Posted 5/4/2013 12:54:11 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
No

Well excuse me, princess
---
You'll...never see me coming.
#18TheRobPosted 5/4/2013 12:59:34 PM(edited)
HighOnPhazon posted...

Dark Arisen comes with the base game, all of the DLC that was released for the vanilla version, and comes with an expansion that is pretty much a large and difficult dungeon called Bitterblack Isle. New weapons, armors, items, etc. The usual.

If you still have your original DD save file it'll reward you with 200,000 Rift Crystals, an Eternal Ferrystone for easier fast traveling, and six sets of armor. The Eternal Ferrystone and armor sets appear in your storage at inns.

I can't tell you what was changed because I only played the beginning of the vanilla game briefly when I rented it from GameFly and waited for Dark Arisen to come out to purchase it.

One thing I have noticed is that Airtight Flasks seem to be harder to come by, because I remember someone in the vanilla game selling them before but now in Dark Arisen they don't. Also I believe Ferrystone are cheaper to purchase now.
---
The People's Heel
'B-|
#19xMark(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 10:01:57 AM
TheRob posted...
HighOnPhazon posted...

Dark Arisen comes with the base game, all of the DLC that was released for the vanilla version, and comes with an expansion that is pretty much a large and difficult dungeon called Bitterblack Isle. New weapons, armors, items, etc. The usual.

If you still have your original DD save file it'll reward you with 200,000 Rift Crystals, an Eternal Ferrystone for easier fast traveling, and six sets of armor. The Eternal Ferrystone and armor sets appear in your storage at inns.

I can't tell you what was changed because I only played the beginning of the vanilla game briefly when I rented it from GameFly and waited for Dark Arisen to come out to purchase it.

One thing I have noticed is that Airtight Flasks seem to be harder to come by, because I remember someone in the vanilla game selling them before but now in Dark Arisen they don't. Also I believe Ferrystone are cheaper to purchase now.

It's 100,000 RC

And I would only buy it if you really enjoyed vanilla DD