This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Violent video games "teach" kids how to kill....

#1VandorLeePosted 5/4/2013 12:43:17 PM
Im not sure why this "debate" gets brought up RELENTLESSLY but it always seems just as flawed yet they act like its new, exciting, and accurate for that matter.

-Theyve just completely dropped the point where the games rated T or M yet parents DONT CARE and buy them for their little kids anyways and continue to never check out the game or how it plays. Its practically neglecting to take any interest in your kids life if theyre claiming theyre going to lock themselves away and play the game for hours every day.

-So apparently most "kids" didnt understand that you aim and shoot people to kill them with a gun because thats all its "teaching". Im sure at even the youngest ages little kids understand how guns kill people from even random cartoons, movies or even cops and parents teaching them that they are bad.

-And they always continue to state that the child was "troubled" or depressed but neglect to tell people to look for signs of troubled or depressed children or neglect to make this seem like the primary reason why they would be violent or want to kill people.

Same story: Innocent sweet children are brainwashed by violent video games to kill people so BAN video games, because its ALL there fault.
---
"God didn't create humans... No!, Its humans who created God"
"Dr. Londez, "Cowboy Bebop: Brain Scratch (#1.23)" (1999)
#2HighOnPhazonPosted 5/4/2013 12:47:03 PM
What was the point of making this topic?
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#3FoppePosted 5/4/2013 12:47:04 PM
http://youtu.be/_SgM_acEsqw
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#4BeefEasterPosted 5/4/2013 12:48:58 PM
racing games teach kids how to drive real race cars
#5TheRobPosted 5/4/2013 12:50:07 PM
HighOnPhazon posted...
What was the point of making this topic?

Probably in response to the latest horror story about a kid killing their parent for banning them from playing video games.

http://www.destructoid.com/boy-tries-to-rape-mom-kills-her-over-call-of-duty-ban-253085.phtml
---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#6SunDevil77Posted 5/4/2013 12:50:18 PM
Know what hasn't been discussed lately?
Hot sauce.

Cholula is still universally my favorite.
---
You'll...never see me coming.
#7CapwnDPosted 5/4/2013 12:57:37 PM
I have to add some variety, can't only use Cholula. Can't over-use it. I rotate between hot sauce, jalapeno juice like from a jar of jalapeno, or other various hot sauces. And crushed red pepper of course.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#8FoppePosted 5/4/2013 12:58:18 PM
I suddenly got the sudden urge to listen to "America, F*** Yeah!".
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#9SunDevil77Posted 5/4/2013 1:04:48 PM
CapwnD posted...
I have to add some variety, can't only use Cholula. Can't over-use it. I rotate between hot sauce, jalapeno juice like from a jar of jalapeno, or other various hot sauces. And crushed red pepper of course.

Very valid point. I wish Chipotle offered a wider variety of sauces, but I have been using the "Chipotle Tobasco." It's pretty darn good. Got a smoky taste, and gets hot as hell, but good.
---
You'll...never see me coming.
#10CapwnDPosted 5/4/2013 1:05:35 PM(edited)
I suddenly got the sudden urge to listen to "America, F*** Yeah!".

Listen to? Isn't it from the movie?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh