This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How long should you wait before playing Xbox on a new TV?

#21JKSonicPosted 5/5/2013 8:08:47 AM
It's been there for a couple of months now. And I've not even been playing CoD near as much for quite a while. I only play it maybe once or twice a week now. I've ran Netflix on it for hours, played different games for hours, used the scrollbar constantly. It isn't going away, so I'm thinking its burnt in. However, it only shows up when there is a pure white image where the retention is, so that's good. I don't even really notice it anymore. Still, I'm going to have it serviced in August before my warranty runs out.

Oh yeah, I'd for sure say get it serviced before the warranty is up! If it only shows on a pure white screen that's a good sign. That's what the Madden logo did on mine too and it was there for a good six months before it went away completely.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#22goldfishman302Posted 5/5/2013 8:10:58 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
I have never heard this...the first thing I did on my new 80' was play a video game.

80' holy sm*kes u must have liek 3 gfs LOL
---
Msheridan1990
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#23SunDevil77Posted 5/5/2013 8:43:32 AM
Damnit why do I keep carelessly typing wrong measurement markings :(

But yeah, my big ol' 80 incher is my pride and joy.
---
You'll...never see me coming.
#24Dragon NexusPosted 5/5/2013 10:23:36 AM
But yeah, my big ol' 80 incher is my pride and joy.

*it about to say something...*
*Shakes head and wanders off* Too easy.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#25vashtrichamPosted 5/5/2013 10:50:52 AM
When I get a new plasma i always run color slides for its first 100 hours.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash Sub: Shazam, Green Lantern
#26DiaperDandeePosted 5/6/2013 8:51:14 PM
Why the crap do people still buy plasma TVs? I've heard so many things that can go wrong with them and now hearing this crap. LED or LCD all the way (and I don't think I've seen a top of the line Plasma look better than a top fo the line LED).
---
Top 6 Games this gen: Metal Gear Solid 4, BioShock Infinite, Uncharted 2, Mass Effect 2, BioShock, Batman: Arkham City
#27chrcolPosted 5/7/2013 2:24:15 AM
lol @ 65 inch.

I think thats bigger than my wall.
#28secondhand1Posted 5/7/2013 5:41:10 AM
The break in period has nothing to do with preventing image retention or burn in. It's about evenly aging the phosphors. The first 100 or so hours of a plasma's life is when the phosphors are working the hardest, and the break in is to have an even keel so your settings/calibration will provide the best PQ possible.

In short, you can take that bad boy out of the box and do whatever you like. If you value PQ and plan on doing some fiddling, it's recommended, but not necessary at all.
---
I don't row.
#29secondhand1Posted 5/7/2013 5:42:03 AM
DiaperDandee posted...
Why the crap do people still buy plasma TVs? I've heard so many things that can go wrong with them and now hearing this crap. LED or LCD all the way (and I don't think I've seen a top of the line Plasma look better than a top fo the line LED).

Then you have seen neither a top of the line plasma nor a top of the line LEC-LCD.
---
I don't row.
#30Killah PriestPosted 5/7/2013 7:40:29 AM
The break in period has nothing to do with preventing image retention or burn in. It's about evenly aging the phosphors. The first 100 or so hours of a plasma's life is when the phosphors are working the hardest, and the break in is to have an even keel so your settings/calibration will provide the best PQ possible.

In short, you can take that bad boy out of the box and do whatever you like. If you value PQ and plan on doing some fiddling, it's recommended, but not necessary at all.

it says directly in my manual to do it for image retention purposes, thats the only reason why I said that. I don't think it helps in that regard either and agree it was more for the calibration side of things.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.