This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Disc tray doesn't read discs

#11kingbahamut83Posted 5/5/2013 12:50:51 AM
My first console got the RROD so I sent it in. They sent a replacement back and a month later the drive stopped reading discs. I sent it back in and bought a falcon chip unit then sold the other when it came back. These are the kind of problems that make me want to hit an Xbox with a shoryuken.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
#12Uozzor(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 6:16:57 AM
zyxomma100 posted...
It's the second biggest hardware problem with the original 360s (first of course being RROD). I've seen reports of lots of different fixes to the problem, some temporary and some permanent:

-Pushing down physically on the top of the console.

I got the problem myself a long time ago. I just dealt with it, even though sometimes it would take 20-30 (or more) times to read a disc. After about a month or two, the problem magically fixed itself. No, really. One day, my disc tray decided it wanted to start working the first time, every time. That was over two years ago, and I haven't had a problem since. I haven't heard of anyone else having the same experience, though.

THANKS! I tried putting my Wii (I'm literally using it as paperweight, haha) and a controller that doesn't work on top of my Xbox, and tada it works. I'm still gonna look into a permanent fix but for now this'll do.
#13Killah PriestPosted 5/5/2013 7:12:53 AM
if that worked it sounds like its the magnet issue and you can fix that if you open it up.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.