This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Start Up ISSUE!!

#1h12456208Posted 5/5/2013 9:26:55 AM
First off. I treat my system as if its a newborn baby. I do all of the recommended stuff from MS plus more.

I have a gears of war system. Got it the day Gears 3 came out. So the system is near 2 years old. When I turn the system on it sometimes takes quite some time, around a minute, to get to the main screen where I can choose to play a game, or do whatever.

Any suggestions?!?
---
"The blackest eyes. The Devil's Eyes"
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#2GGearXPosted 5/5/2013 9:28:59 AM
You're complaining that it takes a minute to start up?

If so it must be the hard drive. The more memory that's taken up the longer it takes to load up. Or your xbox is dying.
---
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#3bossk5Posted 5/5/2013 9:30:51 AM
Mine does this once in awhile. Start the game from the blades menu, when you quit back to the dashboard you should be ok again.
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.
#4RenamonPosted 5/5/2013 9:32:42 AM
GGearX posted...

If so it must be the hard drive. The more memory that's taken up the longer it takes to load up. Or your xbox is dying.

...or MS just doesn't know how to code software.

I swear I had no issues for the longest time, then MS released an update that made the marketplace take forever to load. Then they released an update a year later that fixed it, then another year later another update that broke it again, and another year later (now), it takes me almost a full minute to get to the main screen.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#5h12456208(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 9:34:20 AM(edited)
GGearX posted...

Well, considering that it would take NO time to get to the start-up screen previously, and Now there is a SPINNING icon there for a minute. ALso, the fact that NONE of my other systems take long at all.
---
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#6TheBlueStigPosted 5/5/2013 9:34:45 AM
The last major dashboard update drastically slowed down the sign-in process, it's now that slow for everybody.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#7VeliconisPosted 5/5/2013 9:39:11 AM
The last major dashboard update drastically slowed down the sign-in process, it's now that slow for everybody.

It's not that slow for me. >.> It takes like 10-15 seconds at most to get fully signed in, sometimes less.
---
Your = belonging to you, you're = you are, their = belonging to them, they're = they are, there = not here.
#8GGearXPosted 5/5/2013 9:40:38 AM
h12456208 posted...
GGearX posted...

Well, considering that it would take NO time to get to the start-up screen previously, and Now there is a SPINNING icon there for a minute. ALso, the fact that NONE of my other systems take long at all.

I didn't mean to offend you. Just assumed you installed the game.
---
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#9h12456208(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 9:42:12 AM
GGearX posted...
h12456208 posted...
GGearX posted...

I didn't mean to offend you. Just assumed you installed the game.

Its the start up of the system.

Installing a game means nothing here.
---
- Dr. Loomis - HalloweeN
#10bossk5Posted 5/5/2013 9:42:59 AM
I told you how to fix it...
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.