This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Jaspers ever RRoD?

#1GietzyPosted 5/5/2013 1:22:57 PM
I have one of the first Jaspers. It's a RE5 red limited edition Jasper and it's still going strong. It was touted as the cure to RRoD (but so was Falcon, lol). What is the verdict?
---
My Setup: http://tinyurl.com/d395sf6
PSN/XBL/Steam: Willavom
#2NeoGeoXSegaPosted 5/5/2013 2:23:32 PM
There was a flaw in the architecture design of the 360 & they only fixed it by the time the Jaspers came out.
RRoD pretty much disappeared after that.

My Jasper is also going strong.
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#3TBD2009Posted 5/5/2013 2:34:52 PM
I'm using the exact same model as you (mine was a January 2009 launch RE5 LE Elite), and never had a single issue with it.

I keep expecting the RROD (my original Falcon Core machine suffered that fate), but it's been going strong for three years now.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#4saintsfanPosted 5/5/2013 2:36:48 PM
Specifically looked for a Jasper and haven't had problems with it since...2008 I think
#5youngskillzPosted 5/5/2013 4:35:11 PM
a few did, but for the most part ms effectively eliminated rrod with the jasper.

bout time they did too, it only took them 3 years...

forgot to say my falcon also got rrod in less than a year.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Embryo, Eye of The Enemy, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Mors Principium Est, Destinity, The Broken Result, Isolated.
#6DaArabIsHerePosted 5/5/2013 4:39:27 PM
I have a late 09 Jasper that I have put through HELL and it's still going strong. I think the Jaspers are invincible.
---
now go home and get ya ****ing shinebox.
www.youtube.com/MarioTheFalcon - Perfect Dark XBLA Speed Run videos
#7CashewPosted 5/5/2013 6:57:25 PM(edited)
lol jaspers are much better but they can and do red ring eventually. I've seen several. Just take care of it and you should be fine. I still have 2 xenons that running strong. Granted I have cooling mods on them.. but oh well.
---
My give a damn is busted.
#8kaMMakaZZi29Posted 5/5/2013 7:32:39 PM
The 360 I'm on now was bought back in 2009. It's one of the arcade machines where I had to purchase the HD separately. The 360 itself was pretty barebones as far as what came with it. It's still a white 360 but this is the model where the chrome trim was replaced with white. Is this a Jasper? Mine is going strong too.
---
PSN: kaMMakaZZi9 / XBL: kaMMakaZZi29 / ADD ME!
#92DshmuploverPosted 5/5/2013 8:11:46 PM
I've never heard or read of a proven case of a Japser unit contracting RROD. I had one myself and it never caused me a problem unlike the Falcon before it.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#10Super CreaturesPosted 5/6/2013 12:27:26 AM
kaMMakaZZi29 posted...
The 360 I'm on now was bought back in 2009. It's one of the arcade machines where I had to purchase the HD separately. The 360 itself was pretty barebones as far as what came with it. It's still a white 360 but this is the model where the chrome trim was replaced with white. Is this a Jasper?

Did it come with a separate Memory Unit, or did it have an internal 256MB or 512MB internal MU?

The Arcade Jaspers are the only model of the original design that have internal MUs, if it came with a separate MU, it isn't a Jasper.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.