This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think Xbox create murderers: throat slashing blamed on GOW!

#1the_real_onePosted 5/5/2013 3:13:57 PM
http://kotaku.com/throat-slashing-blamed-on-a-gears-of-war-relationship-g-490513186

Not to start a fanboy console war, but are there any statistics on all these "video game murderers"?

For instance, I can't think of a single time that one of these stories was related to someone playing Wii, PS3, or PC. It seems like every time, these people are coming from XBox Live.

---
In the entire games industry, Nintendo has done the best job of managing their franchises in the long term. EGM
#2never100Posted 5/5/2013 3:21:03 PM
the_real_one posted...
http://kotaku.com/throat-slashing-blamed-on-a-gears-of-war-relationship-g-490513186

Not to start a fanboy console war, but are there any statistics on all these "video game murderers"?

For instance, I can't think of a single time that one of these stories was related to someone playing Wii, PS3, or PC. It seems like every time, these people are coming from XBox Live.

I don't think it makes killers, but I do think that crazy people are drawn to games. They would probably kill if there were no games anyways.

Then again I see the way people act on here. People freaking out over the smallest thing. Then again it all could be because of mental instability that is present without the aid of games or this site.
---
*cancels pre-order*
Pay close attention to the people that find girls with curves offensive they are suspect and not to be trusted.-Angry Joe
#3bossk5Posted 5/5/2013 3:23:30 PM
Kotaku
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.
#4stawg007Posted 5/5/2013 3:29:14 PM
No

If you're willing to kill someone then you have serious mental problems and no video game, movie or any entertainment should be even considered as a possible reason
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#5josh924Posted 5/5/2013 3:33:24 PM
I like to italicize my posts to make it look like I'm quoting someone.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#6ILikesCheesePosted 5/5/2013 3:36:35 PM
I seem to remember a lot of throat slashing in horror movies from the 1980s when there was just the Atari, Intellivision and Colecovision.

Then of course there was that play about the Demon Barber that was turned into a movie with Depp.

And before that there was Jack the Ripper of course. I blame him.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#7TigercmlPosted 5/5/2013 3:53:50 PM
They don't create psychos, they make psychos more creative.
#8mrhappyguy12345Posted 5/5/2013 3:56:25 PM
I'm in the mood for tacos. Beef, pork, or chicken? Or maybe some mixture of the three?
---
I love video games : )
#9flame030191Posted 5/5/2013 4:02:48 PM
Read the topic title as

"Do you think Xbox creates murderers: throat slashing blamed on God of War"

Probably because I've yet to see someone slice open another's throat in Gears, yet Kratos does it all through the 6 God of War titles.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: KGMR Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#10Super CreaturesPosted 5/5/2013 4:11:48 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
I'm in the mood for tacos. Beef, pork, or chicken? Or maybe some mixture of the three?

What about brain, fish, or shrimp?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.