This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many OG Xbox and Xbox 360 owners skipping the next xbox?

#31CalistoCoonPosted 5/6/2013 3:11:01 PM
Halo Brought me to the Xbox, Dead Rising to the Xbox 360, I'm waiting to see what the 720 offers.

I'm a games over hardware kind of guy. Although knowing Microsoft's direction they are going with the 360 now, I'd be surprised if the 720 even plays games, all your social apps, all your video players, without any of those pesky games.
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#32Super CreaturesPosted 5/6/2013 4:06:31 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
You don't have Google or the 720 Board available on your computer? Or the ability to visit VGLeaks, Kotaku, Joystiq et al either? Really? REALLY?

I'm not your secretary.

No, but you are the one making the claim, therefore, burden of proof is on you.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#33BBBanks03Posted 5/6/2013 4:33:16 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
TrickyPony posted...
none of the sources ever stated the nexbox would have that feature. Every single one said it "might" or "it is an option."

Sorry, wrong. Check again. In fact, the exact opposite concerning one certain source. :D

Read up sonny:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/internal-microsoft-memo-reportedly-debunks-always-online-xbox

That, along with the overwhelming negative response to even the rumor of the feature, and the notion that MS isn't THAT stupid, all say otherwise. It's not coming with mandatory always-online. No. Chance.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#34dreamtheater33Posted 5/6/2013 4:34:46 PM
Im skipping getting it st launch,will get it next yr when i can walk into a best buy and pick one up
---
GameFaqs: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious
#35ILikesCheesePosted 5/7/2013 4:11:23 AM
Super Creatures posted...
No, but you are the one making the claim, therefore, burden of proof is on you.

Not quite correct. The below poster is the one making the blanket claim which is clearly incorrect and easily proved as such to those of us who both know how to use the internet and use our brains to connect the dots.

TrickyPony posted...
none of the sources ever stated the nexbox would have that feature. Every single one said it "might" or "it is an option."

For example, do a search for "Paul Thurrott" and you get tons of Xbox 720 leaks/rumors in which the words "might" or "it is an option" are NOT used when describing the internet connectivity requirements. Also, VGLeaks have posted several inter-company Microsoft memos regarding the Durango wherein always online is again NOT mentioned as a possibility, but a definite. You have heard of the three minute rule, no? There was no "maybe" in the three minute rule.

As to my theory that this feature is being removed from the Next Xbox, that is truly just that: my theory. But it is more of a deduction rather than an assumption when you weigh all the information together. Sony surprising Microsoft with the PS4 announcement in February (in which it was revealed that their machine will not be "always online), the various - nay, MANY - leaks and hacks associated with the development of the Next Xbox since last summer - including some reported by trusted sources and people working at the company itself (DealWithIT), the delayed Xbox announcements, and on and on.

Rumors can cease to become rumors when there is enough info floating around to piece together a decent picture. I can never prove my theory unless another Orth comes out of the woodwork, but Microsoft's "official" stance even then will be a denial. Call it common sense, call it reading between the lines, call it deduction, even call it a form of faith on my part if you will. (It does after all make much more sense than an invisible Santa Claus living in the clouds with harps guiding the whole of the universe which was solely created for the enjoyment of humanity though.)

But my earlier point - which CAN be proved, but certain GameFaqs posters are too lazy to think or search for themselves - was simply this: several sources have claimed that the Next Xbox WILL require the internet, not MIGHT. Finito.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#36schmittycent2Posted 5/7/2013 4:13:19 AM
Not buying next gen considering I hardly have time to play my Xbox now.
---
Xbox GT schmittycent
#37ILikesCheesePosted 5/7/2013 4:16:47 AM
BBBanks03 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
TrickyPony posted...

Sorry, wrong. Check again. In fact, the exact opposite concerning one certain source. :D

Read up sonny:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/internal-microsoft-memo-reportedly-debunks-always-online-xbox.

Go back. Re-read my post. Realize the mistake you have made. Well....maybe you'll realize, I don't know how smart you are...

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#38SS_MetalSonicPosted 5/7/2013 4:33:01 AM
Day one . I may not use it much in the beginning because of backlog. And the fact that i will have all the other new consoles and PC . Im going to be busy busy busy!
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Sleeping Dogs, Black ops 2, Farcry 3
Forza 4, Rage, InFamous 2, Darksiders 2, Vanquish, NBA2K13, Halo 4, Skyrim, Tomb Raider
#39iceman505Posted 5/7/2013 4:43:13 AM
I bought both OG Xbox, and Xbox 360 day one. So the thought of not keeping up the tradition kinda bugs me. However, if the good model ends up being in the $500-$600 range, I will simply have to wait. Why couldn't this have come out two years ago, when I had lots of disposable income?
#40Tube_of_NoobPosted 5/7/2013 5:07:22 AM
Exclusives is whats going to decide my "vote." Right now Xbox only has a rumored Respawn project and the same old Gears and Forza. Which for me is not getting the job done. Something tells me they are gonna keep pushing a media box and kinect. Which I am not really interested in; I want a video game console with great exclusives and it seems Sony is really pushing the gamer aspect
---
Rick Grimes for President 2016
Currently Playing: Trials Evo, LotR War in the North, Blops 2