This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many OG Xbox and Xbox 360 owners skipping the next xbox?

#41metroidman92Posted 5/7/2013 6:29:02 AM
Won't really matter to me, as I tend to not get consoles on launch. I'll wait and see what the limiting factors are, and what lance lineup we get. That and I'm not in the financial position to spend that much money.
---
It's powered by a forsaken child?!
Might be, kind of. I mean, I didn't use the whole thing!
#42metroidman92Posted 5/7/2013 6:29:11 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#43Satchmo25Posted 5/7/2013 10:37:21 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
Satchmo25 posted...
^show us

You don't have Google or the 720 Board available on your computer? Or the ability to visit VGLeaks, Kotaku, Joystiq et al either? Really? REALLY?

I'm not your secretary.

we all knew you were talking out of your rear. You can't quote anything like you claim because you are wrong. Try again kid
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#44BBBanks03Posted 5/7/2013 10:39:02 AM(edited)
ILikesCheese posted...
BBBanks03 posted...
ILikesCheese posted...
TrickyPony posted...
none of the sources ever stated the nexbox would have that feature. Every single one said it "might" or "it is an option."

Sorry, wrong. Check again. In fact, the exact opposite concerning one certain source. :D

Read up sonny:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/06/internal-microsoft-memo-reportedly-debunks-always-online-xbox.

Go back. Re-read my post. Realize the mistake you have made. Well....maybe you'll realize, I don't know how smart you are...

:D

I love it when someone responds with such a cocky demeanor not realizing how wrong they are. It just makes it all the more satisfying. You seem to think that if MS’s nextbox doesn’t have always online, it was something removed last second due to poor feedback. The point that article made (did you even read it?) and what I’ve been saying from day one, is that people are misinterpreting what “always online” would likely mean IF MS chooses to go that route. Being that always online would be a feature the box would support IF your connection was, in fact, always online. You have constant connection? Then your box will always be on for you. But a disconnection would not disable singleplayer games, movies, and tv. You might have to consider that the guy who made that prediction “who is NEVER wrong OMG” may have misinterpreted what “always online” was going to mean for the system as well.

You would probably have less people arguing with you if your gut reaction wasn’t to immediately be a smartass. I'm willing to not go that route because I, also, like cheese.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#45Satchmo25Posted 5/7/2013 10:56:15 AM
Here's what my first google search of Paul Thurrott turned up. I copied it below for you after I laughed for a few minutes.

""Durango is going to be expensive [laughs], you know $500, $300 for the subscription, that kind of thing, but you know, Blu-ray, blah blah blah, but the thing that interest me, going back and looking at some of the stuff I got a long time ago, it actually says 'must be internet-connected to use' in the notes. And that's all I have, but it does say that.

[Is that a bad thing?]

"I don't know because I don't know what it means. You know, when you look at some of the stories that were coming out this week about, you know, I saw a headline that said something like 'Next Xbox could be okay without an internet connection for as long as 3 minutes' or something like that. I don't even know what that means, so for me, Xbox 360 is almost entirely an online experience. Most of the games I play are multiplayer, where you're playing against other people online. Or you're using it as an entertainment device when you're connected to a service like Netflix or Xbox video, so that is an internet-connected device. In this phrase, it says 'must be internet-connected to use', you know, that suggests that you can't even boot into the UI and play—I don't know, I don't know, I don't have one."

lol@Ilovecheese
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#46chrcolPosted 5/7/2013 10:58:06 AM
The only thing I know is I wont be buying it at alunch (same with PS4 of course).

Realistically there is going to be one of 3 things to make me get one.

1 - a game comes out for it which I cant resist, might be star ocean 5, lost oddysey 2, a tales game thats exclusive to xbox, possibly fable 4. But I probably will wait for at least 3 killer games rather than just 1.
2 - my current 360 dies and the new model has full BC so that becomes the logical replacement.
3 - I get given one as a gift, this is very unlikely however.
#47BingSanpaoPosted 5/7/2013 11:07:08 AM
First I would like to hear the details before choosing which console I will pick up at launch but even if they were to announce at E3 Alan Wake 2 and a bunch of real (not timed) exclusives which do not revolve around Halo, Forza & Fable I would still have in the back of my mind they would just be trying to appeal to me for a couple of years before leaving me hanging with kinect exclusives and video streaming services. At this point I would rather give my money to a company which still releases new IPs in the last year of the cycle, like Sony is doing with the last of us and beyond.
#48BudWisenheimerPosted 5/7/2013 11:28:44 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
As to my theory that this feature is being removed from the Next Xbox, that is truly just that: my theory.

I think you mean "hypothesis." Or "guess."

A theory is something that's actually been tried and true after relentless attempts to discredit and debunk.

BBBanks03 posted...
I love it when someone responds with such a cocky demeanor not realizing how wrong they are. It just makes it all the more satisfying. You seem to think that if MS’s nextbox doesn’t have always online, it was something removed last second due to poor feedback. The point that article made (did you even read it?) and what I’ve been saying from day one, is that people are misinterpreting what “always online” would likely mean IF MS chooses to go that route ...

Agreed. Perhaps David Jaffe (of all people) said it best weeks ago: "You'd have to be a BLEEPing dumbass to think Microsoft is going prevent people from playing their single-player games without an Internet connection." Or ... something along those lines.