This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Guy Who Lost $2,600 Trying To Win Kinect Gets His Money Back And More.

#21moondog84Posted 5/6/2013 9:01:02 PM
The Bad Guy posted...
Reel_Big_Mike posted...
Is he an idiot? Obviously.

Which is why he got his money back.

Only idiots would sue over something like this, like the dumb ***** that burnt herself with McDonald's coffee (no **** the coffee is hot *****, you didn't order iced coffee), or the ***** that sued some national burger chain (might have been McDonald's again, but I honestly don't remember) because the pickle in her burger, which she took home and microwaved, burned her tongue.

Do yourself a favor and google 2nd degree burns and look at the images that come up. Now imagine that on your inner thighs. Now imagine that was from a coffee from a store that has been warned for having too hot of coffee. Now imagine that, that store wasn't going to pay for those medical bills that resulted from the skin grafts, that resulted from the coffee that again was too hot.

Then repeat after me, she sued to get her medical bills paid for.

I don't care if it melted her into a fallout style goo pile, she spilled it on herself, the dummy.

That would have been a sight to see!
---
Spaceballs the Signature
#22DarkSymbiotePosted 5/6/2013 9:24:01 PM
The cup shouldn't have been sitting unsecured on her dashboard.

Should coffee cups have a warning about putting them in cup holders now too?

Regardless, that coffee's temperature was way above legal limits. You should see the picture of her burns. It's like she worked at a chemical factory.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#23SoincMetalPosted 5/6/2013 9:39:04 PM
You know, with the coffee being that hot you wonder why that cheap cup they give you didn't started warping/melting.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#24TheBlueStigPosted 5/6/2013 9:58:23 PM
SoincMetal posted...
You know, with the coffee being that hot you wonder why that cheap cup they give you didn't started warping/melting.

It was a wax paper cup, it didn't melt.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#25TBD2009Posted 5/6/2013 11:06:52 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
It was a wax paper cup, it didn't melt.

As someone who had the misfortune of working McDonalds for four years, after graduating high school, I have to say that we ~never~ used the wax paper cups, for coffee. That's just asking for trouble.

No, McDonalds has designated styrofoam cups, specifically for hot coffee and tea. When you're holding the cups in your hands, it doesn't even feel that warm, but believe me, the coffee is quite hot, and if you spill it on yourself, you're going to get burnt.

But I still have to question... WHY put coffee between your legs? Does that sound like a good idea? I can only assume she thought the coffee was colder, because you can't really feel how hot it is... but you wouldn't want a ~cold drink~ between your legs, spilling on your crotch, either.

I think a good rule of thumb is: "Don't stick it between your legs, unless you can f*** it!".

Also, I don't think that "Banana man" should have been rewarded for being an idiot. I'm sorry, but we shouldn't be rewarding moronic behavior. It just further encourages it in other morons.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/PSUTerra
#26656stoogePosted 5/7/2013 1:49:38 AM
I can understand the coffee thing. I ordered a coffee from a Maccas drive-through before the incident, and the girl had filled it so much that it was over the brim. I slowly pulled out of the drive-through and and the coffee went squirting out of the top and all over my lap. Burned like hell.

I don't believe in this whole suing nonsense, but if I lived in a country without free health care then I'd be a bit annoyed at having to pay a huge hospital bill because someone doesn't know how to pour a cup of coffee.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#27magemaximusPosted 5/7/2013 2:14:25 AM(edited)
why do you guys get really hot coffee. I just like warm coffee or kind of hot. well actually, I don't drink coffee. I drink hot cocoa though and tea, and I don't like getting really hot of that stuff.
---
You can't persuade fanboys. You'd be better off trying to convince a wall. ~CodeNamePlasmaSnake~
#28656stoogePosted 5/7/2013 2:52:37 AM
magemaximus posted...
why do you guys get really hot coffee. I just like warm coffee or kind of hot. well actually, I don't drink coffee. I drink hot cocoa though and tea, and I don't like getting really hot of that stuff.

I actually hate hot coffee, but at a takeaway joint you don't have much choice. I live in Australia, so I don't think we even had ice coffee at McDonalds at that point.

But when I make a coffee at home I have 3 shots of coffee and then fill the rest of the cup with cold water. Sometimes I'll leave a cup sitting out and forget about it, only to drink it the next day.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#29RE2LeonSPosted 5/7/2013 8:06:17 AM
Darwinism
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#30IWUPosted 5/7/2013 8:13:20 AM
I'm proud of you guys. This topic went a full 15 posts before derailment occurred.
---
I'm not sad but I am a fanboy. That's not against the laws and if my Xbox had a **** I would **** it.. - teehee23