This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA Gains Star Wars

#71NightRainPosted 5/6/2013 10:27:23 PM
Enix Belmont posted...
EA has bioware under them, so I take this as a good thing honestly

This.
As long as it's Bioware making them, then it's OK to me.
---
To be a sage means only to be rich in knowledge.
Canadiens/Red Sox/Patriots
#72NightRainPosted 5/6/2013 10:28:32 PM
TheIastspartan posted...
Ryan2002 posted...
I know it's not the most popular franchise in Star Wars lore, but I at least want some closure with The Force Unleashed...give us a 3rd installment to tie it up. =/

**** no. The first FU was awesome, but the story started to get way too stupid in 2. First one had an award-winning story that felt canon and bridged episodes 3 and 4 perfectly. The whole clone thing in FU 2 was stupid, not to mention Darth Vader somehow being captured and put in cuffs by the Rebels at the end. What the ****? Better to just leave it in the past.

Battlefront 2 and KotOR 2 definitely need sequels, though.

I agree 100%
---
#73dataDyneSoldierPosted 5/6/2013 11:36:58 PM(edited)
EA at E3:

"Ladies and gentlemen, the game you have been waiting for is finally arriving! We proudly announce, a new entry into a series that fans have been demanding a sequel to for years. We present to you...."

Crowd: "Yeeesss!!! Battlefront 3!!!

EA: "Star Wars: Masters of Teras Kasi 2!"
---
Anaheim Ducks 2013 playoff run: Round 1 vs. Detroit Red Wings | Series tied 2-2
Game 1: 3-1 | Game 2: 4-5 | Game 3: 4-0 | Game 4: 2-3
#74NightRainPosted 5/6/2013 11:39:44 PM
^^ Star Wars Kinect or something :P
---
#75DuwstaiPosted 5/7/2013 12:19:10 AM
I dont hate some of EAs practices, but they do make solid (and sometimes great) games.

Much better off than going to Activision. They would probably just shovel out total crap like they did with Walking Dead.
---
balls
#76TheBlueStigPosted 5/7/2013 12:43:12 AM
flame030191 posted...
And my favorite. "Their biased about who they pick for Madden's cover!"

There's a ton of NFL players who try to stay OFF of the Madden covers because of the Madden Curse, every player who appears on the cover has had their career tank soon afterwards.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#77iceman505Posted 5/7/2013 1:24:34 AM
NeVaRmoore posted...
Kinda saw the writing on the wall. I'm not gonna hate so much as bemoan the inevitable "online pass" for Battlefront 3 the unreliable EA servers which will eventually shut down leaving you $60 game all but worthless once EA decides it's not profitable to keep them open.

Though, I'm sure they'll make some good games, obviously a new KOTOR is to be expected.

Considering how laggy BF1 was on Xbox, I think even EA servers would be an upgrade.
#78stargazer1981Posted 5/8/2013 6:16:55 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
Arucard05 posted...
Arucard05 posted...
As a major Star Wars fan, I'd rather the whole series just explode at this point. Preferably like this

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1095919/death-star-explosion-o.gif

We're in the rebuilding phase, 'Card. Star Wars blew up in May of 1999. Then each subsequent 3 years after until 2005. We healed for a few years, now we're back up and running.

In Abrams I trust.

I'm a weirdo. I both didn't totally hate the prequels (I think EIII is legitimately good) and I dislike Abrams.

Right now, the only Star Wars game I want to see is Battlefield: Star Wars. NOT Battlefront. Exactly the same as Battlefield, with Star Wars vehicles, weapons, and locations.

I, too, think Episode 3 is a good film. Heck, 1 and 2 are good as well. Especially if you were to use the restroom during all the Anakin/Padme parts

I must be living in bizzaro world. And to think, I have you on my friend's list. Watch these videos and be enlightened. Please. For the sake of our friendship.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/
---
I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ - Gandhi
#79king_maddenPosted 5/8/2013 7:32:01 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
flame030191 posted...
And my favorite. "Their biased about who they pick for Madden's cover!"

There's a ton of NFL players who try to stay OFF of the Madden covers because of the Madden Curse, every player who appears on the cover has had their career tank soon afterwards.

like which ones? seeing as though all top players always allow themselves to be in the voting, im not sure which ones you're talking about.