This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Last Remnant worth $5?

#11CojiroseanPosted 5/7/2013 4:32:43 AM
I'm a pretty big JRPG fan but I cannot recommend it at all. The combat was impractical and just not fun, the characters weren't very good and the voice acting is PAINFUL.
---
"Only by comparing yourself to others can you define yourself. Thus your ever-present anxiety."
#12Deathx113Posted 5/7/2013 4:35:11 AM
ohollywoodo posted...
How poor are you that you can't waste $5 to find out yourself?
Eat one less Big Mac tomorrow and there's your $5.

Stop posting.

He has a point, not the being an ass part, but it is only $5...

Nobody is going to be able to tell TC if it is truly worth it or not besides himself.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#13CyricsServantPosted 5/7/2013 4:48:40 AM(edited)
Deathx113 posted...
ohollywoodo posted...

Stop posting.

Nobody is going to be able to tell TC if it is truly worth it or not besides himself.

Yeah, but is it also worth the time investment?

For me, the 5-10 hours I'd need to invest to realize if a JRPG is complete **** or not is worth more than $5.

Anyway, I'd say it's worth it. I liked LR a lot for the unique battle system. The main character will get on your nerves though. I agree that you should also do a bit of research before diving in. Like Oblivion, it's one of those RPGs that can completely screw you if you just level up as much as you can without understanding how the leveling system works.
#14ILikesCheesePosted 5/7/2013 5:20:46 AM
YES. The game is certainly worth $5.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#15XenobowPosted 5/7/2013 6:47:29 AM
Yes, underrated strategic jrpg but keep in mind it needs installation in order to play.
#16Hucast9Posted 5/7/2013 7:42:58 AM
Deathx113 posted...
ohollywoodo posted...

Stop posting.

I can. It's not worth it for $5. The game's battle system is pure random to the point where you have very little direct control over your characters. Probably the worst rpg i've ever played. Worse than Fable 3.
#17IWUPosted 5/7/2013 8:01:12 AM
Any game is worth $5. Even Barbie horse adventure.
---
I'm not sad but I am a fanboy. That's not against the laws and if my Xbox had a **** I would **** it.. - teehee23