This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

xbox live - to buy or not to buy?

#1spotsfreePosted 5/7/2013 6:44:27 AM
That is the question.. is it worth the money?
Or can you play your games to satisfaction without the whole "live aspect?
#2campersniperPosted 5/7/2013 6:52:55 AM
amazon has ps3 for $250
---
@ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @
If guns kill people, then spoons make people fat.
#3SparkItUpPosted 5/7/2013 7:08:50 AM(edited)
TC, if you choose to get XBL, let me send you a referral...you get 400 free MS points and i'll get 100 :)

To answer your question however, I find it worthwhile...It can be bought on a pretty steady basis for 35$ for one year. Someone somewhere always has a sale....I prefer it over PSN personally as far as reliability. Some games/companies thrive in the multiplayer realm more so than others and generally there are some games that thrive on the multiplayer aspect alone.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#4GeistPosted 5/7/2013 7:06:14 AM
Party chat alone makes it worth while to me. I hate playing on PSN, either it's not stop kids shouting cusses or silence in order to ignore said children. On Live it's just me and my friends no matter what any of us are playing. Nothing like laughing at your friends misfortune in Halo while building a castle in Minecraft.
---
Currently playing : Batman A.C.
#5TheBlueStigPosted 5/7/2013 8:08:21 AM
Just don't be like the guy who was paying $96 a year for Live because he was too lazy to find a deal on a 1 year card.

If you look around you can find them on sale for $40 or less.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6DtooheyPosted 5/7/2013 11:12:12 AM
I'd say if you plan on playing a lot of on-line games with your friends then yes it's worth it. Otherwise, I don't see much of value there at this time.
---
Enjoy Every Sandwich
#7TheBlueStigPosted 5/7/2013 11:57:48 AM
Dtoohey posted...
I'd say if you plan on playing a lot of on-line games with your friends then yes it's worth it. Otherwise, I don't see much of value there at this time.

You don't see any value in getting access to tons of free movies, anime, TV shows, early demos, party chat, access to all the deals of the week to save you money, access to contests that allow you to win points and the occasional free movie weekend?

You would pay way more than $40 just renting all that stuff.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#8darkphoenix181Posted 5/7/2013 12:55:34 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Dtoohey posted...

You don't see any value in getting access to tons of free movies, anime, TV shows, early demos, party chat, access to all the deals of the week to save you money, access to contests that allow you to win points and the occasional free movie weekend?

where do you get this free anime? In my dashboard all I see is a limited free trial for an anime channel that costs money to subscribe too. Same with free movies and stuff.
I am new to this.

All I found for free was the CW app which has tons of ads so it isn't covered by my live fee actually.
---
proud owner of Pikanips
#9GeistPosted 5/7/2013 1:02:34 PM
darkphoenix181 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Dtoohey posted...

where do you get this free anime? In my dashboard all I see is a limited free trial for an anime channel that costs money to subscribe too. Same with free movies and stuff.
I am new to this.

All I found for free was the CW app which has tons of ads so it isn't covered by my live fee actually.

Crackle.
---
Currently playing : Batman A.C.
#10darkphoenix181Posted 5/7/2013 1:07:02 PM
Geist posted...
darkphoenix181 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Dtoohey posted...

I am new to this.

Crackle.

wut? Doesn't that have ads and you can just go to crackle.com
What is the difference if I have live and use it on my xbox?
---
proud owner of Pikanips