This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wait. So Bioware is part of EA.......and Bioware developed KOTOR?

#41Hucast9Posted 5/8/2013 7:41:00 AM
DualShooter23 posted...
Now EA is able to make Star Wars games..........So does that mean we could possibly see a sequel to KOTOR 2? I'm personally way more excited of that prospect more than any other Star Wars game by a long shot. Even though I would def get Battlefront 3 as well.

Yeah, but the only problem is: WHo is going to make Mass Effect from now on? I suspect that they will create a new studio for KOTOR, or maybe one of their other studios will handle it. EA knows we want this, so there is a high probabliity that we will get it sometime in 2014. Maybe Christmas 2014 next gen if they start right now, but realisticly early 2015.
#42Zangan_ZackPosted 5/8/2013 7:44:20 AM
I'd like to see a KOTOR 3, but seeing Bioware in its current state (controlled by the cancer of the gaming industry, EA). I can't see KOTOR going anywhere great under their leadership, unfortunately.
---
The official Seraph of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
CP: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor, Bioshock Infinite, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
#43Banana_ManaPosted 5/8/2013 7:52:26 AM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
Winternova posted...
Just stop it. I cringed reading this. Reminds me of those screencaps of teens posting metalcore song lyrics about killing people to sound cool.

It's a quote from Return of the Jedi, slightly changed to fit the situation. I have no clue what you're talking about with the screen captures.

I know what the quote is from. The point is, you sounded like a child.

Banana_Mana posted...
Stuff like this is the reason why being a gamer is seen as such a negative.

Recognizing blatant cash-grabbing/scheming practices and homogenization of entire franchises is now being seen as a negative? Also, "gamer" is quite the childish term. You're a consumer, as am I.

Recognizing the problems in the industry is not a negative thing. The scary part is that people like you actually believe what you typed.

I am a consumer, but not one who consumes out of need.

Gaming is a hobby. I buy what I want, and don't buy what I don't want.

People who buy every single game, or piece of DLC then b**** about it are the scary part. They tend to be the same people who piss and moan about shady business practices they have no knowledge of.

It is not a cash grab if people buy it... It is a wise marketing strategy.

Anyway, you spout rhetoric with little to back it up - what say you post what you feel is cash grabbing? Or homogenizing? Or scheming?

To me, you sound like a petulent baby, screaming for things to be the way you want them to be. Well guess what, they aren't. And not everybody casts entitled eyes and cries 'why'...

You call 'Nova and I children yet all you display are tedious complaints stereotypical of one who has no actual knowledge of real life. Tell me, do you still live with your mother?
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
Bestestest top ten lists ever!
#44DualShooter23(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 8:50:43 AM
Hucast9 posted...
DualShooter23 posted...
Now EA is able to make Star Wars games..........So does that mean we could possibly see a sequel to KOTOR 2? I'm personally way more excited of that prospect more than any other Star Wars game by a long shot. Even though I would def get Battlefront 3 as well.

Yeah, but the only problem is: WHo is going to make Mass Effect from now on? I suspect that they will create a new studio for KOTOR, or maybe one of their other studios will handle it. EA knows we want this, so there is a high probabliity that we will get it sometime in 2014. Maybe Christmas 2014 next gen if they start right now, but realisticly early 2015.

I have no idea on who would make Mass Effect. Even though I loved Mass Effect.....a new kotor is lights years away more exciting than a new mass effect. Also a 2015 release? That would be amazing.
---
Currently Playing: UMVC3(Nova, Spence, Doom), Persona 4 & P4A(Chie), Xenoblade Chronicles ,Injustice(Black Adam), and Guacamelee!
#45chaos_sage0265Posted 5/8/2013 9:21:35 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
I am a consumer, but not one who consumes out of need.

Gaming is a hobby. I buy what I want, and don't buy what I don't want.

People who buy every single game, or piece of DLC then b**** about it are the scary part. They tend to be the same people who piss and moan about shady business practices they have no knowledge of.

It is not a cash grab if people buy it... It is a wise marketing strategy.

Anyway, you spout rhetoric with little to back it up - what say you post what you feel is cash grabbing? Or homogenizing? Or scheming?

To me, you sound like a petulent baby, screaming for things to be the way you want them to be. Well guess what, they aren't. And not everybody casts entitled eyes and cries 'why'...

You call 'Nova and I children yet all you display are tedious complaints stereotypical of one who has no actual knowledge of real life. Tell me, do you still live with your mother?

One of the most false things I have ever read. A cash grab is banking on the success of a product to intentionally gain extra marginal revenue on a similar product, sequel, or extension of said product at a very low quality and cost.

Is it a wise marketing strategy? That's depends entirely on the success of the cash-grab. Will we see people buying it? Obviously. Every product has a market. But in this case, does the potential gain outweigh the losses of dedicated fans, or in this case, previously dedicated consumers? Microtransactions turned plenty of people away from Dead Space 3, as did turning it into a co-op shooter for the sake of an online pass.

Must I seriously explain any of those things? Homogenization. Why did Syndicate need to be a co-op FPS? Why did Dead Space 3 need to be a co-op action game with cover-based shooting? Why did Mass Effect 3 have to have a soulless tacked on multiplayer? Why do they release a new FPS roughly every 6 months? EA constantly clamors for the "wider audience" yet almost every instance leaves them floundering in the dirt.

Usually, I wouldn't even bother with anyone who uses the word "entitled" because you clearly have no idea what it means. It's just another buzzword that people throw out in defense of something. Oh hey, when did that become the popular thing again? Right about the time Bioware and the media said fans were "entitled" for wanting an actual ending on what was for many, a $180 experience without the cost of DLC.

If I have to explain cash-grabbing to you, then there really is no hope. Microtransactions, online passes, $10 DLC that lasts a whopping 45 minutes, $10 DLC that initially was in the original game that got cut to sell at a premium. All examples of poor business decisions that look toward the short term, while pissing away the long term.

You can inevitably look forward to KOTOR 3, but it will not be the grand experience you'd expect from a sequel. It will not be a full game on launch. It have day one DLC stripped from the core title. It will have premium DLC at a very low quality and completion time. It will be much more action focused. You can look forward to stereotypical gay romances because that seems to be Bioware's thing now. And it will likely have some kind of shoehorned multiplayer to make an excuse for an online pass.

Such is the function of EA.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#46MRL3G3NDPosted 5/8/2013 9:31:05 AM
yeah to me EA never made quality games...it seems as though they always gave us just enough to warrant a purchase....they never tried to blow our minds or go beyond what was expected...Dice and the frostbite engine is the exception...everything else was has been barely exceptable...
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#47sonicteam2k1Posted 5/8/2013 9:50:08 AM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
Expect KOTOR 3 to be as follows.

Focuses on cover-shooting TPS elements
Only 10 hour story.
$15 Day One DLC that's 45 minutes and already on disc.
$40 season pass filled with cut content from the original budget (Will total the game time to 13 hours).
Online Pass to be able to play your new corridor shooter co-op with a friend online. No split-screen though.
In-game shops that also take credit cards to unlock lightsabers.
Don't forget ham-fisted gay/lesbian relationships in the name of "progression".

Preorder the Special Edition now for only $99.99!

this. they will turn Star Wars 1313 into KOTOR the Shooter.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#48Banana_ManaPosted 5/8/2013 10:49:52 AM
chaos_sage0265 posted...
Silliness.

Your definition of a cash-grab is from the urban dictionary - it is not a real thing, more a collection of stupidity that uneducated peeps like yourself deem 'cool'.

Besides that you use the phrase 'low quality'... As subjective as possible.

These points indicate that you have no actual business knowledge, and are just a worthless internet monkey intent on deriding anything of popularity.

Did microtransactions really turn people away from Dead Space 3? Or was it a combination of things, changing gameplay, stylistic choices. Perhaps.

Anyway, your initial complaint concerned Mass Effect - the third iteration of which has sold amazingly well (with microtransactions implemented)... Thus your 'theory' of microtransactions ruining sales is naught but opinion.

As for entitled:

Why did Syndicate need to be a co-op FPS? Why do you need it to be SP only?

Why did Dead Space 3 need to be a co-op action game with cover-based shooting? Why are you entitled to a Dead Space 3 horror game?

Why did Mass Effect 3 have to have a soulless tacked on multiplayer? Why are you entitled to SP only, or a less soulless MP?

Why do they release a new FPS roughly every 6 months? Why are you entitled to anything different?

You seem to equate homogenization with combining SP and MP, which is such a silly argument I can't even understand it.

Also, judging from what you say about KotOR3 I can only reiterate what I have said before:

---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
Bestestest top ten lists ever!
#49chaos_sage0265Posted 5/8/2013 1:30:35 PM
Banana_Mana posted...
chaos_sage0265 posted...
Silliness.

Your definition of a cash-grab is from the urban dictionary - it is not a real thing, more a collection of stupidity that uneducated peeps like yourself deem 'cool'.

Besides that you use the phrase 'low quality'... As subjective as possible.

These points indicate that you have no actual business knowledge, and are just a worthless internet monkey intent on deriding anything of popularity.

Did microtransactions really turn people away from Dead Space 3? Or was it a combination of things, changing gameplay, stylistic choices. Perhaps.

Anyway, your initial complaint concerned Mass Effect - the third iteration of which has sold amazingly well (with microtransactions implemented)... Thus your 'theory' of microtransactions ruining sales is naught but opinion.

As for entitled:

Why did Syndicate need to be a co-op FPS? Why do you need it to be SP only?

Why did Dead Space 3 need to be a co-op action game with cover-based shooting? Why are you entitled to a Dead Space 3 horror game?

Why did Mass Effect 3 have to have a soulless tacked on multiplayer? Why are you entitled to SP only, or a less soulless MP?

Why do they release a new FPS roughly every 6 months? Why are you entitled to anything different?

You seem to equate homogenization with combining SP and MP, which is such a silly argument I can't even understand it.

Also, judging from what you say about KotOR3 I can only reiterate what I have said before:

I've never used Urban Dictionary. Although after looking it up I find it quite humorous that it's so similar. I could care less about popularity or hating on the cool things, and my business knowledge stretches about as far as my BA in Finance.

Your entitlement blathering is quite pathetic. Gotta love all those strawman "arguments."

It's sad the homogenization goes completely over your head. Let me simplify it for you, when an IP establishes itself well for whatever sets it apart from the competition, and then takes away it's identity for the sake of appealing to a "wider audience" that is homogenization. EA has been doing this for years. I'd be lying if I said other publishers didn't, but EA does it to a gratuitous extent. Dead Space 2 shoehorned in MP. Mass Effect 3 shoehorned it in as well. These are simply examples.

Come back when you learn the definition of entitled.
---
"We will be remembered for this. White Wall."
#50metroidman92Posted 5/8/2013 1:50:59 PM(edited)
^ Problem is, ME3's Co-op (IT'S NOT MP) actually works pretty well, and has been a lifeline for the game for the past year. ME3 might play more like a generic TPS, but it still plays well (omni-use A button BS aside)

If not for the co-op, most of us would've abandoned the game long ago.
---
It's powered by a forsaken child?!
Might be, kind of. I mean, I didn't use the whole thing!