This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best "lots of guns" game out there right now?

#1Silver_ThunderPosted 5/7/2013 11:54:53 AM
I'm looking for a fresh game with lots of guns and some decent amounts of violence is a plus. I'm not looking or a COD game or anything linear like that. I just need a guns/violence fix.

Maybe list off your top 3 games that might suit my needs? I'd appreciate the help in my "search." It can even be a game like GTA, RDR or even Saint's Row... but, not those, been there done that.

Thanks.
---
"Must be glorious to have such a happy knack for clarity and concision."
#2SonyHoundDawgPosted 5/7/2013 11:56:34 AM
I think Borderlands 1 and 2 is what you need.
#3chaos_belmontPosted 5/7/2013 11:58:22 AM
"lots of guns" doesn't fit well with any of those games/series.
---
Sorcerer, king of dark intentions, pro skiller, sensual pleasures pirate, constant hankering for honey, sprinkly toes thrillseeker extraordinaire.
#4ShAd0wF1amEPosted 5/7/2013 11:59:42 AM
SonyHoundDawg posted...
I think Borderlands 1 and 2 is what you need.

Yeah, but if you decide to try the first one do it before the second one. A lot of improvements in 2 make the first one feel obsolete.
---
XBL GT: ShAd0wF1AmE (that's a zero in ShAd0w, not an O)
#5darkharePosted 5/7/2013 12:11:18 PM
serious sam arcade game was the first game that came to mind when reading the topic.

---
I grow drums, rattles, didgeridoos and drone flutes. if intrested send pm.
#6BBBanks03Posted 5/7/2013 12:12:21 PM
Are you really expecting ANY other kind of answer than Borderlands??
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#7SixStringHeroPosted 5/7/2013 12:19:33 PM
Best game I can think of with plenty of guns and violence on the terms it seems you're asking for is Max Payne 3. Yeah it's linear compared to RDR or GTA but you would be hard pressed to find another TPS that has better gun play, bullet wounds and physics.

The game is insanely detailed when it comes to bullets ripping through their targets and the reactions to the bodies as they are hit. Easily best physics, battle wound details and animations around in any game.
---
I don't care about the altitude, I just want another drink.
#8rttnPosted 5/7/2013 12:50:12 PM(edited)
Earth Defense Force 2017 & It's sequel Insect Armageddon are the games you are looking for

Edit: also check out Dead Pixels & Zombie Estate 2 on the indie marketplace. Both cost 80msp

---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerGuides 1.10
GT: rttnCRAFT
#9SparkItUpPosted 5/7/2013 1:32:04 PM(edited)
State of Decay comes out next month...it has 99 guns and they are adding even more...you will be extremely hard pressed to find anything with that many
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#10TheIastspartanPosted 5/7/2013 1:42:10 PM(edited)
Both Borderlands games.

The first has 16,164,886 guns. BL2 has even more.

It also has tons of gore and the huge world and rpg elements will be a nice break from your typical shooter.