This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

It blows my mind that they never release any big titles in the summertime

#31shreshtoPosted 5/8/2013 12:30:49 AM
There was a game called diablo 3 which got released last may,which outsold 99% of the games in a single week,and went on to sell 12 million in a year.so,big games do release in summer.
---
In the darkest age of call of stupidity and bottlefield,hard resets and serious sams are our last hope
#32Banana_ManaPosted 5/8/2013 12:33:34 AM
In the summer I'm too busy writhing naked through puddles of dripping oil to buy games.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
Bestestest top ten lists ever!
#33mostcorruptPosted 5/8/2013 1:50:39 AM
I can't be the only one that misread "big titles" as "big tit*ies"
#34LapanuiPosted 5/8/2013 2:28:46 AM
To be honest, I'm glad companies don't release big titles during the Summer. There are too many games being released during Autumn and some parts of Winter.

Summer is usually spent outdoors, sometimes away from home. I still have to work though, but I will book some time off. I have a few weeks of holiday left to book before like September.

When I was a kid, most of my Summer Holidays were spent outside or playing video games. I didn't have many games as a kid, so playing the same game over and over again didn't feel as exciting. Now I can just look at my list of games I missed out on, buy it and play it or just take a look at my backlog...
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#35TyrannicalPosted 5/8/2013 3:53:12 AM
You'd think summer vacation would be a good time to release a game.
---
Australian customs: Do you have a criminal record?
Me: I didn't think you needed one anymore.
#36Boogs34Posted 5/8/2013 4:42:04 AM
As an adult, I work in the summer. Asides from a 1 week vacation, I do have less strenuous work hours and many of my friends go to summer homes etc which I do not own. The city I live in basically dies in the summer. I do a lot more gaming in the summer.

I have a large backlog of games that I am yet to play and I bet I won't even get through them by the end of August:

Darkdsiders II
Assassin's Creed 3
Crysis 3
Bioshock Infinite
Tombraider
Gears of War Judgment
GTA V (September Release)

Vanquish?
Metal Gear Rising?
Metal Gear Collection?
Dead Space 3?
#37ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 5/8/2013 6:01:16 AM
Ninja Gaiden 2 came out in the summer
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS
#38TheBlueStigPosted 5/8/2013 7:39:56 AM
BBBanks03 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Summer Vacation from school, kids not in school anymore so they're doing things OUTSIDE, you know, in the SUN like normal kids instead of vampire emo wannabes.

And honestly if you can't find any previous releases to play during the summer, that's your own damn fault, the games industry doesn't have to supply you with "new releases" all summer long just because you refuse to play anything more than a week old.

Lol what is your problem?

I've read each and every post in this topic and there is literally NOTHING in here worth getting angry about.

Because I've seen your type far too many times working in game retail, you obsess over only playing the newest games on the shelves and refuse to play anything more than a week or two old. You're one of those people who always has to have the newest of the new, mostly to brag about it to your friends while you look down your nose at them.

Do yourself a favor, look through those older releases, find something to play and stop whining about the summer game release drought that's happened every single year for 40+ years in the game industry. Games simply don't sell when released in the summer and the reasons why are plainly obvious to anyone who bothers to stop and THINK ABOUT IT for more than a few seconds.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#39LanternOfAshPosted 5/8/2013 8:11:56 AM
I was actually thinking about this the other day. Realized that GTA5 is literally the only thing for the rest of the year that I really want to play. I chalked it up as typical summer releases going into a new console generation. It just made it a lot clearer that how bad summer is for new releases. It's not an impending thing either, I've literally finished everything I wanted to play last week. This is the first time in years I can remember laying out a bunch of old games I want to replay.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#40TheBlueStigPosted 5/8/2013 8:13:41 AM
LanternOfAsh posted...
I was actually thinking about this the other day. Realized that GTA5 is literally the only thing for the rest of the year that I really want to play.

That's mostly because you ahven't been told about ALL of the releases coming for the rest of the year. There's a ton of games kept 100% top secret until E3 or other industry trade shows.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin