This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yay! Got my Birthday present from Microsoft today...

#61SheepinatorPosted 5/10/2013 2:19:31 PM
fiasco86 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
fiasco86 posted...
And yeah, 20 points is garbage. I realize that they don't have to give us anything, but if you're going to bother with the program, at least make it like 80 points. That's still only $1, and not really enough to buy anything other than an avatar item or something, so most people would end up spending more money anyway to make use of those 80 points. Come on MS.

most [stupid] people, you mean. How else would you describe someone who rather than leaving the credits in his account for an inevitable future purchase, has to get rid of them immediately because a non-zero balance gives them twitches?

That's not what I meant at all...

What I'm saying is that you have to spend more to use the points they give you, whether it's now or later. For some of us, it's just a bonus 80 points, but for others it may motivate them to make a purchase they wouldn't otherwise make. That's how companies make money off of rewards programs and sales and whatnot.

So yeah, just like I said.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#62TrickyPonyPosted 5/10/2013 2:55:36 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
TrickyPony posted...
^and then what are the entitled supposed to cry about hmm?

Look that word up.

if I remember, bit busy
#63Super CreaturesPosted 5/10/2013 7:36:25 PM
fiasco86 posted...
And yeah, 20 points is garbage. I realize that they don't have to give us anything, but if you're going to bother with the program, at least make it like 80 points. That's still only $1, and not really enough to buy anything other than an avatar item or something, so most people would end up spending more money anyway to make use of those 80 points. Come on MS.

And yet again, people forget that this birthday gift is part of XBL Rewards, meaning you need at least 100 points pending before they will be deposited into your account.

20 points, 80 points, it makes no difference, you aren't going to be able to do anything with them until you have at least 100 pending, so no, you would not be able to buy avatar gear or an Indie game if they gave you 80 points instead of 20, because you would still need another 20 points pending before they get deposited into your account.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#64fiasco86Posted 5/11/2013 11:52:49 AM
Super Creatures posted...
fiasco86 posted...

And yet again, people forget that this birthday gift is part of XBL Rewards, meaning you need at least 100 points pending before they will be deposited into your account.

20 points, 80 points, it makes no difference, you aren't going to be able to do anything with them until you have at least 100 pending, so no, you would not be able to buy avatar gear or an Indie game if they gave you 80 points instead of 20, because you would still need another 20 points pending before they get deposited into your account.

...which could easily come from taking 1 monthly survey rather than 4.
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#65fiasco86Posted 5/11/2013 11:57:22 AM(edited)
Sheepinator posted...
fiasco86 posted...
Sheepinator posted...
fiasco86 posted...

most [stupid] people, you mean. How else would you describe someone who rather than leaving the credits in his account for an inevitable future purchase, has to get rid of them immediately because a non-zero balance gives them twitches?

That's not what I meant at all...

What I'm saying is that you have to spend more to use the points they give you, whether it's now or later. For some of us, it's just a bonus 80 points, but for others it may motivate them to make a purchase they wouldn't otherwise make. That's how companies make money off of rewards programs and sales and whatnot.

So yeah, just like I said.

Nope. It's not an inevitable future purchase if they wouldn't have made the purchase without the discount that the birthday points basically are. It's not that they have to have a zero balance, it's that they get these free points and maybe take a look at what they could buy when they may never have looked through the marketplace otherwise. Then they see something that interests them that costs 240 points or something, and they think, "Hey, I'm only 160 points away from that." You're implying that everyone who enrolls in the program is also somebody who regularly makes marketplace purchases, but that's probably not the case.
---
#66TheBlueStigPosted 5/11/2013 11:57:24 AM
fiasco86 posted...
fiasco86 posted...

So you want Eprize to go out of business just because of YOUR greed?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#67fiasco86Posted 5/11/2013 12:00:16 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
fiasco86 posted...
fiasco86 posted...

So you want Eprize to go out of business just because of YOUR greed?

Eprize isn't putting up the money for these promotions. They're hired by Microsoft to host them. What money would there be in it for Eprize to just give out free MSP to everyone who joins?

And I'm not being greedy. I'm just saying if you're going to bother with a birthday rewards program, at least make it worth it. My wife and I signed up for a birthday rewards program at a Brazilian grill buffet, and they give us a free meal that would normally cost $20 on our birthdays. Meanwhile, MS is giving me a quarter. It's just a little insulting that they want to have the image of being generous but they're really giving us hardly anything.
---