This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has a games DLC prices ever dissuaded you from getting a game?

#21Damon PlusPosted 5/7/2013 9:23:09 PM
Which DLC has Bioshock Infinite?
---
Step back! This is my blast shot!
#22goldfishman302Posted 5/7/2013 9:28:33 PM
no but than agian im not poor either LMFAO
---
Msheridan1990
offical voice of the h4 community LOL
#23PsychoDrama1Posted 5/7/2013 10:45:28 PM
Totally done with capcom and EA with the dlc stuff. EA has the worst pay to win dlc i've seen on the console yet. I'm sure they will do it again with the new UFC game too. In all their sports games you can basically "level" your custom characters up to max level by paying for little boosts for stats. After around 30$ you can have a max stat character to destroy people online. It's disgusting and destroys all of their online modes (Fight Night Custom Character Exhibition, Madden Superstar Modes) within a week of release. I love Hockey, Football, and Baseball (Screw you 2K..), but I wait for the prices to hit the 30-40$ mark before I can justify paying for a Madden. And i only usually buy one every 2/3 years...
---
Wolf Parade, Swan Lake, Built to Spill, Sunset Rubdown, The Hold Steady, Modest Mouse, Handsome Furs, Plants and Animals
#24Banana_ManaPosted 5/7/2013 11:25:40 PM
No.

I'm normal:
If I want a game I buy it.
If I want DLC I buy it.
If I don't want a game, I don't buy it.
If I don't want DLC I don't buy it.

I own some games with DLC, and some without... Has no effect on me, or my enjoyment of the game.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
Bestestest top ten lists ever!
#25NemerlightPosted 5/8/2013 1:48:16 AM
Never. DLC most of the time is just useless stuff like extra weapon or few missions that you will never miss anyways.
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#26mabber_IIIPosted 5/8/2013 3:39:30 AM
no, but I do wait until the game is super cheap before buying it if is has alot of dlc
#27pothocketPosted 5/8/2013 4:36:41 AM
Of course not.

High DLC prices just means I won't buy the DLC. It has nothing to do with weather or not I'll buy the actual game.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#28temgunPosted 5/8/2013 4:57:45 AM
Yep. Nowdays I'm just waiting for a complete edition. If one doesn't come out, I have probably lost all interest in the game by then.
#29656stoogePosted 5/8/2013 5:01:37 AM
All the time. It's gotten to the point where the only games I buy around launch are games that won't be getting DLC.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY
#30Mutant1988Posted 5/8/2013 5:55:42 AM
The mere existence of DLC is enough to dissuade me from purchasing a game.

Because I like owning what I pay for. And it annoys me greatly that I can't, however much I spend.
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.