This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I still think Microsoft made the d-pads crappy on purpose.

#11Enix BelmontPosted 5/7/2013 5:10:33 PM
NeVaRmoore posted...
You think the xbox d pad is bad, go play a Dreamcast. Love the system, my thumb doesn't.

I've spent more time with the dreamcast d-pad than any other, so maybe it's why I didn't have a problem adapting to the 360's d-pad.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#12BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 5:29:35 PM
Paragraphs dude, your Return key can be used for them!

I wanted to, but I couldn't think of good places to separate them.
I know it's an additional $50 for the controller, but the Razer Onza controllers make MK and Injustice so much better.

Are you ****ing serious?!! Didn't I just say...
*Looks it up.*
Oh, it's not an arcade controller. Hmm. I think I've see this before, but I guess I can give it another look. It might be hard to actually get it new for less than $80 but, you know, I'll look into it.
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.
#13MashYouGoodPosted 5/7/2013 5:48:28 PM
Playing a fighting game with a D-pad is drain damage incarnate. That even applies to today's watered down, skill devoid gamer pandering, insulting 2-button super laden, casual fighters.

The D-pad works as an inventory and menu management button just fine. It's all it was ever intended to be with the 360 joypad.
#14randomweirdoPosted 5/7/2013 6:00:01 PM
Since when does the slim have a good d-pad? It's just as crappy as the regular 360's one was.

I'm guessing you are referring to the transforming d-pad, and that sure as heck didn't come with my console.
#15RollnThunder213Posted 5/7/2013 7:46:10 PM
Because the disc based D pad could possibly be I don't know, a company trying to be innovative and possibly create something that works better. You could argue the success of that or not, but at least they tried.

I don't mind to the D pad at all, the games I play sometimes have radial menus that are accessed through the D pad and being able to continue to hold it down and rotate over is better than letting it go to hit another direction. So in that respect I prefer the disc based design to an only four direction pad.

A traditional D pad only is needed for those who play fighting games, of which is a tiny fraction of the total population of gamers on the Xbox, and anybody playing a fighting game and wants to seriously be competitive in any way will buy an arcade stick. MS should design a controller that has traits the majority of its base will use, right?
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#16IroncondorzPosted 5/7/2013 7:58:14 PM
You do know all of the different d-pad designs are patented and used exclusively by their owners right? (like Nintendo)
#17zyxomma100Posted 5/7/2013 8:17:53 PM
You do know all of the different d-pad designs are patented and used exclusively by their owners right? (like Nintendo)

There have been many different D-Pads used on official Microsoft-produced and patented hardware (some predating the Xbox), and the original 360 D-Pad is the worst.
#18BlueFlameBat(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 8:52:22 PM
Playing a fighting game with a D-pad is drain damage incarnate. That even applies to today's watered down, skill devoid gamer pandering, insulting 2-button super laden, casual fighters.

Then there are those who seem to think arcade-style controllers are the only way to play a fighting game and think very little of anyone who would rather use a traditional gamepad.

Well, the gamepad has always been my preferred method of playing almost all types of video games, the exception being first person shooters (mouse and keyboard), third-person shooting games like BloodRayne that act like first-person shooters, and whatever you call those games where you can move your character independently of the cross-hair like Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (a great use of the nunchuck and Wii remote - I wish they'd remake Wild Guns and have it play that way).
I don't like using steering wheels for driving games (I can't stand racing games for Wii that require the use the remote steering method), I can easily play most games on an arcade cabinet with a joystick but would probably prefer a gamepad if that was ever an option (it actually was on an SNES 3-in-1 arcade unit), and I didn't care much for video games in general before NES controller came along. Atari 2600 was a very mild hobby at best.
If you have a problem with that, then that's on you.
---
"BlueFlameBat has not entered any biographical information. It's probably none of your damn business anyway." -G4TV profile
There is still no escape.
#19JoboHotepPosted 5/7/2013 8:55:31 PM
Does MS even make an official fight stick? I've only seen third party ones.
---
If I don't meet you no more in this world then uh, I'll meet ya on the next one..And don't be late- Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child
#20SparkItUpPosted 5/7/2013 9:02:03 PM
Link43130 posted...
that takes too much effort to read

---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation