This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GT: Xbox Live the biggest scam in gaming

#21ThugETHPosted 5/8/2013 10:32:20 AM
Is this vid hosted anywhere else as GT won't work for me stream or download.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#22sockesockePosted 5/8/2013 10:58:34 AM
Geist posted...
Do people seriously not get that you have to pay for things in life? Is it so hard to just skip something they do not like instead of coming here each and every day to cry? Why can we not just say "Hey I don't like Live" and leave it at that instead of searching the internet for crappy little web sites that agree with their child like false rage? Why Is all my coffee gone?

this....
i thought it was ridiculous that they compared xbox live to steam and ps+. those are completely different services.
---
MotiJr:Sony copied George Foreman grills with their playstation 3 design.
http://backloggery.com/sockesocke
#23GnomestonePosted 5/8/2013 11:06:19 AM
I have no issue paying for Xbox Live. Especially when I can get it for about $3.50 a month when the cards are on sale. It seems the people that complain the most don't even have an Xbox.
#24Rome218Posted 5/8/2013 11:10:32 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
No. They don't know the definition of "scam"

You wanna know a real scam? Went to Chipotle yesterday with a chick, she ordered guacamole on her burrito...those tricky sons of guns charged me like an extra $2 for guac without asking me.

Time to flip over every table in a 10 mile radius, I hope you guys aren't eating lunch on one.

That's funny. I used Chipolte as an example for people complaining about the DLC for Dead Space 3.

So that is why my burrito was so damn expensive. I believe it was just a beef burrito with quac, and the total came close to 10 dollars(No drink or sides.) I haven't been there in so long, so I looked confused at the cashier who in turn looked confused at me. I said alright and bought it, but I haven't been back since.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#25deimos91Posted 5/8/2013 11:12:49 AM
Geist posted...
Do people seriously not get that you have to pay for things in life? Is it so hard to just skip something they do not like instead of coming here each and every day to cry? Why can we not just say "Hey I don't like Live" and leave it at that instead of searching the internet for crappy little web sites that agree with their child like false rage? Why Is all my coffee gone?

Well when every other system offers the same thing for free it is a scam and 60$ is alot to some people not everyone is fortunate to have alot of money
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#26jakethenoobPosted 5/8/2013 11:16:24 AM
Geist posted...

Do you seriously not get MS is the only gaming platform that charges to play online and does it for no reason?

inb4

b-but MUH PARTY CHAT
MUH SECURE SERVERS
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#27Rome218Posted 5/8/2013 11:58:38 AM
deimos91 posted...
Geist posted...

Well when every other system offers the same thing for free it is a scam and 60$ is alot to some people not everyone is fortunate to have alot of money

No one is offering the same thing for free, unless you mean netflix and hulu without a subscription.

Have you ever been on PSN? You can't even send voice chat unless they changed it. WTF? I have a wireless keyboard, but most people do not.

No party chat? I have to listen to a bunch of whiny kids try to argue with my friends on xbox live? I prefer parties. Heck, I'm almost always in a party, and half the time we're playing different games.

Xbox live is a social gaming experience. As much as I do not like paying for it, I love the service.

It reminds me of teamspeak or ventrillo on PC. Except it's done easier IMO.

I would not go back to PS3's awful online. I can't imagine being in a clan on PS3.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#28NeoGeoXSegaPosted 5/8/2013 12:55:49 PM
Meh, it's $5 a month and no free disposable accounts keeps out the rift-raft.

No it doesn't. Hacking, cheating & immature 8 year olds cursing racial slurs is the norm on Xbox Live.

Maybe at first when Live first started up on the original Xbox, but as it got popular, the rift-rafts caved in on the monthly fee!
---
"gone are the days of creativity, and playing japanese games because you secretly wish you were japanese" -CinisterX
#29mrhappyguy12345Posted 5/8/2013 1:38:59 PM
jakethenoob posted...
Geist posted...

Do you seriously not get MS is the only gaming platform that charges to play online and does it for no reason?

inb4

b-but MUH PARTY CHAT
MUH SECURE SERVERS

So, you can sit here and b**** about it "B-b-but it isn't fair that I have p-p-pay for it" or you can use one of those other consoles. I don't mind paying $5(less is you find any one of the very common deals) for a better service that has better games(psn games can't compare to xbla), and that all my friends use. Not being a fanboy, as I own all 3, and it is my informed opinion that xbl has the best service.
---
I love video games : )
#30Satchmo25Posted 5/8/2013 1:58:10 PM
NeoGeoXSega posted...
Meh, it's $5 a month and no free disposable accounts keeps out the rift-raft.

No it doesn't. Hacking, cheating & immature 8 year olds cursing racial slurs is the norm on Xbox Live.

Maybe at first when Live first started up on the original Xbox, but as it got popular, the rift-rafts caved in on the monthly fee!

You're either misinformed or being a drama queen. Those things exist, but you calling them the norm is laughable. They are very much a minority, and exist in every online service, but at least XBL has active mods and a pretty decent investigation team that deals with them making it a more policed community.
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.