This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GT: Xbox Live the biggest scam in gaming

#31Rival_Blue_1999Posted 5/8/2013 2:01:50 PM
zerooo0 posted...
$60 a year isn't a lot of money. I don't mind paying for a service that I've never had a problem with.

And yet people complain about the 1 dollar transfer fee for Wii U.
---
Nintendo Network: Jon_14
#32calinksPosted 5/8/2013 2:05:15 PM
My major issue with Live is that they should give back to the fans more often and in a better way. PS+ is handing out free, quality titles left and right. Live doesn't have to be that extreme but they need better sales, more rewards, and yes, once in a while, throw us a free freaking bone. They make so much money off of live, they could stand to give a little back. I will admit their sales have gotten better in the last 9 months or so but its still doesn't touch PS+ and suspect a big reason for all the sales now is more motivated by making out with their digital stuff now while it's still desirable than trying to do it after the next gen consoles are out and people are moving on. I think they are just cashing out
#33HENTAIDOJIPosted 5/8/2013 2:09:46 PM
Xbox Live is the World of Warcraft of gaming services.

Unreplicable.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#34jakethenoobPosted 5/8/2013 2:13:42 PM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
jakethenoob posted...
Geist posted...
Do people seriously not get that you have to pay for things in life? Is it so hard to just skip something they do not like instead of coming here each and every day to cry? Why can we not just say "Hey I don't like Live" and leave it at that instead of searching the internet for crappy little web sites that agree with their child like false rage? Why Is all my coffee gone?

Do you seriously not get MS is the only gaming platform that charges to play online and does it for no reason?

inb4

b-but MUH PARTY CHAT
MUH SECURE SERVERS

So, you can sit here and b**** about it "B-b-but it isn't fair that I have p-p-pay for it" or you can use one of those other consoles. I don't mind paying $5(less is you find any one of the very common deals) for a better service that has better games(psn games can't compare to xbla), and that all my friends use. Not being a fanboy, as I own all 3, and it is my informed opinion that xbl has the best service.

And yet if it was free it would still be the best. The only reason it still costs money is because people still pay for it like MS still has a monopoly on online console gaming and they don't.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#35Dragon NexusPosted 5/8/2013 2:20:52 PM
That's rich coming from a site owned by Viacom.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#36Lords0fWarPosted 5/8/2013 2:24:41 PM
jakethenoob posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
jakethenoob posted...
Geist posted...
Do people seriously not get that you have to pay for things in life? Is it so hard to just skip something they do not like instead of coming here each and every day to cry? Why can we not just say "Hey I don't like Live" and leave it at that instead of searching the internet for crappy little web sites that agree with their child like false rage? Why Is all my coffee gone?

Do you seriously not get MS is the only gaming platform that charges to play online and does it for no reason?

inb4

b-but MUH PARTY CHAT
MUH SECURE SERVERS

So, you can sit here and b**** about it "B-b-but it isn't fair that I have p-p-pay for it" or you can use one of those other consoles. I don't mind paying $5(less is you find any one of the very common deals) for a better service that has better games(psn games can't compare to xbla), and that all my friends use. Not being a fanboy, as I own all 3, and it is my informed opinion that xbl has the best service.

And yet if it was free it would still be the best. The only reason it still costs money is because people still pay for it like MS still has a monopoly on online console gaming and they don't.

LOL. . . this guy does not have people to play with on LIVE!
#37The MeatmanPosted 5/8/2013 3:18:20 PM
Satchmo25 posted...
NeoGeoXSega posted...
Meh, it's $5 a month and no free disposable accounts keeps out the rift-raft.

No it doesn't. Hacking, cheating & immature 8 year olds cursing racial slurs is the norm on Xbox Live.

Maybe at first when Live first started up on the original Xbox, but as it got popular, the rift-rafts caved in on the monthly fee!

You're either misinformed or being a drama queen. Those things exist, but you calling them the norm is laughable. They are very much a minority, and exist in every online service, but at least XBL has active mods and a pretty decent investigation team that deals with them making it a more policed community.

So why are games like Modern Warfare 2 and World at War hacked to all hell?
---
Do you like the taste of meat in your mouth?
#38ArkonBladePosted 5/8/2013 3:31:57 PM
Tyrannical posted...

If only that was true.
---
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow
#39Dragon NexusPosted 5/8/2013 3:41:09 PM
So why are games like Modern Warfare 2 and World at War hacked to all hell?

Because Activision are responsible for policing it and they can't be chewed to do so.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#40jenekiPosted 5/8/2013 4:13:59 PM
Tyrannical posted...

I'm envisioning a bunch of Rift game cases tied together to make a flotation device.
---
Raizing. Psikyo. Toaplan.