This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA V to become the king of all Xbox 360 games

#21DarkSymbiotePosted 5/8/2013 8:54:29 PM
GTAV won't become the king of anything. It looks good but I rightfully have doubts.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#22flame030191Posted 5/8/2013 8:58:52 PM
So....

Three GTA characters that are essentially no different than the past games' characters were shown off, no truly new gameplay was shown, and a larger world (leading me to believe it's going to be even more barren, due to console limitations) are shown off and people are eating it up?

Heck, how do you like ANY of the characters that were shown? They all seem like douches that deserve to get locked up.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: KGMR Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#23JascoDPosted 5/8/2013 9:00:40 PM
I really hate over hyped crap. People kiss and lick so much ass when it comes to some games it makes me sick.

People should really be careful since this game will have a "3 way character system" that SHOULD make anyone skeptical. We all know just how "popular" forced co-op and A.I. characters in games are.

When Dead Space 3 announced this everybody went ape****. EA even said that YOU DON'T have to play co-op but no body listened.

Now GTA V does something similar and everybody goes down on their knees, opens their mouth and closes their eyes.
---
I don't replay games.
All I ask is that a game be worth playing in the first place.
#24flame030191Posted 5/8/2013 9:02:20 PM
JascoD posted...
I really hate over hyped crap. People kiss and lick so much ass when it comes to some games it makes me sick.

People should really be careful since this game will have a "3 way character system" that SHOULD make anyone skeptical. We all know just how "popular" forced co-op and A.I. characters in games are.

When Dead Space 3 announced this everybody went ape****. EA even said that YOU DON'T have to play co-op but no body listened.

Now GTA V does something similar and everybody goes down on their knees, opens their mouth and closes their eyes.

The difference was DS3 was backed by EA, a company hated for bringing out some excellent games, just with online passes. GTA5 is backed by R*, the company who rehashes the same gameplay into multiple games and gets GOTY awards like candy for it.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: KGMR Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#25PrealienkingPosted 5/8/2013 9:08:49 PM
JascoD posted...

The difference is that while you're not in missions, you don't have to deal with the other AI companions, and during missions, they'll, at the worst, be as bad as the other mediocre AI you're always stuck with in GTA games anyways, but you can actually switch to them to make them somewhat productive in this one.
#26PrealienkingPosted 5/8/2013 9:12:02 PM
Another difference is that Dead Space was a series that was built heavily on its atmosphere, which was incredibly dependent on a feeling of isolation you get in that kind of situation, so having a companion with you in Dead Space 3 hit a lot of fans as a huge step away from what made the series great.

In just about every mission in every GTA game ever, you have companions with you. So, the only difference between before and now is that you can switch to the companions and make them do something useful.
#27Jas_PataPosted 5/8/2013 9:49:34 PM
I won't make such claims as you TC, but I can tell that it will be my personal favorite. Last I heard the gyms thing was deemed excluded by R* and nothing was brought up about it in the recent previews, leading me to believe that it is still out.

I'm not sure about house robberies but they said there will be "random events" akin to those in RDR that will include bank and ATM robberies.

I haven't seen any such claim of an estimated 40million copies sold either.
---
aka - Nah Tso Gud
#28squidney2k1Posted 5/8/2013 10:12:37 PM
I must say, I was kinda disappointed with GTA IV...it wow'd me at the get-go, but failed to keep me entertained and had too many problems and aspects that kept me from playing the game (mainly the ridiculous friendship system). It was missing several deep features and felt like a step sideways from GTA:SA. I came to like Saints Row 3 a helluva lot better.

But I have high hopes for GTA V, and R* appears to be pushing the game in a fantastic direction. I like what they did with Red Dead Redemption and the narrative & presentation of Max Payne 3 (and to some extend LA Noire, even though different dev), and the addition of massive customization options is refreshing for GTA.

I still need to see some actual gameplay...I'm hoping that they will release many videos demonstrating the game world and mechanics of GTA V, much like they did with Red Dead Redemption and Max Payne 3.
---
\m/ (O_o) \m/ Alan Wake deserves a full sequel. Xenosaga Deserves a full sequel. Dark Cloud deserves a full sequel.
#29RedFive3Posted 5/8/2013 10:15:09 PM
I'm with ya TC! Looks amazing! Hope it actually lives up to all the hype.

---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#30kingwutuguPosted 5/8/2013 11:45:00 PM
King...? LoLOlOlLOL!
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win