This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you could change one games play style..FPS to TPS, RPG, Strategy, etc.

#1xiTz_RyaNxPosted 5/8/2013 12:33:03 PM
Basically as the topic title says, if you could change the play style of one game on Xbox 360 from First person shooter to third person, Third person to first, RPG to strategy, or any other sort of combination, what would you choose and why?

Personally, turning something like Gears of War into a First person shooter sounds pretty epic, or maybe even turning a game like FarCry or Crysis into a Third person shooter might be cool too.

What would you change?
---
Gamertag - GotMyProSocksOn
What you think is broken with a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.
#2kst8erPosted 5/8/2013 12:34:07 PM
halo into a RTS like it was originally intended to be!!!!

oh wait
---
"Urination when excited can be a long term problem" -- vigorm0rtis
#3Flow_149Posted 5/8/2013 12:42:49 PM(edited)
the borderlands series always seemed more like an TPS to me.

Anyways I would probably change final fantasy 13 into another grid-based strategy game or a dungeon crawler. xD
#4Rod1984Posted 5/8/2013 12:40:24 PM
Flow_149 posted...
the borderlands series always seemed more like an TPS to me.

then we have defiance lol
---
PSN: mavrik1984 - GamerTag: rod1984 - Steam: rod1984
#5xiTz_RyaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 12:50:00 PM
kst8er posted...
halo into a RTS like it was originally intended to be!!!!

oh wait

No offense to anyone who liked Halo Wars.. But I feel like they could have done a lot more with it to enhance just about every feature. I understand that Ensemble isn't the greatest studio in the world with the top of the line developers and tools at their disposal, but come on.
---
What you think is broken with a game could easily be explained with you being terrible at it.
#6kst8erPosted 5/8/2013 1:08:15 PM
im a firm believer that if bungie would have developed it (they did the outstanding MYTH series) then the halo wars game would have been way better
---
"Urination when excited can be a long term problem" -- vigorm0rtis
#7str8KnowledgePosted 5/8/2013 1:10:24 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8xiTz_RyaNx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 1:46:32 PM
kst8er posted...
im a firm believer that if bungie would have developed it (they did the outstanding MYTH series) then the halo wars game would have been way better

I can agree with this. I'm a firm believer that if bungie puts their efforts forth 100% that they can craft a AAA title that's FPS, TPS, Strategy or any other kind of game.
---
#9shawnmckPosted 5/8/2013 1:52:11 PM
I would have liked if Fallout 3 was more FPS instead of RPG.
Sure, the view-point is 1st-person, but it doesn't play like a FPS, because your cross-hairs and be on a target but depending on your stats you can miss (even if you are five-feet away.

Other than that, I can't think of any other game I would change.
I love gears of war in 3rd-person, and I love all the FPS games in that perspective as well.
I just feel that the mechanics in Fallout 3 are more geared to RPG than I would like personally...but I acknowledge that others would disagree with me, and that's fine. It's just my opinion.
#10TheBlueStigPosted 5/8/2013 1:55:29 PM
I would change most of the TPS games to FPS games, they're easier to play that way.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin