This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need a new 360 game. Recommendations?

#1AristophPosted 5/8/2013 11:49:10 AM
So the last game I got was Black Ops 2. I've been completely broke for a while and haven't been able to get anything new. The only reason I was even able to get BlOps2 was because it was a gift.

But, while I'm still kinda broke, I think I can finally manage a spare $60 for a new game. My old games have been tiding me over alright, and I've recently gotten back into a couple free games like Dwarf Fortress, but I'm really craving a new triple-A console title. Unfortunately, I don't really know what's been fantastic recently, nor what's on the horizon. Since I knew I didn't have the money to get anything, I kinda stopped paying as much attention because all it did was tear me up knowing I really wanted something and was super excited about it coming out but there was no way I could have it. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

So what's been released in the past ~5 months or so that was just spectacular, or is coming out in the next week or two?

I'm not a fan of RTS, Sim, or Sports games. Kind of in the mood for a new RPG, but Action/Adventure might also be worthwhile. I want something with some meat to it, though. Something that I can drop a good number of hours into.
---
Gamertag: Aristoph
http://www.youtube.com/user/SotCRules
#2glassghost0Posted 5/8/2013 11:55:45 AM
I'd suggest Bioshock Infinite
---
No Thanks
#3thecougPosted 5/8/2013 11:58:20 AM
Fallout 3. Get the GOTY for like $10 at Gamestop.
---
The Coug abides.
XBL Gamertag: TheC0ug | Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas
#4RedFive3Posted 5/8/2013 12:01:28 PM
Tomb Raider or BioShock.
---
I'm your huckleberry...
You spend nine months trying to get out, and the rest of your life trying to get back in.
#5Aristoph(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 12:01:47 PM
Fallout 3. Get the GOTY for like $10 at Gamestop.

Fallout 3 was by no means released in the past 5 months. I've already got it, and it's fantastic, but I'm looking for a new game I might have missed out on recently do to lack of funds for my gaming habit.

I'd suggest Bioshock Infinite

I've checked it out and it looks pretty sweet. Unfortunately, I had the entire second half of the game spoiled for me. >_< After that happened I looked up some videos and it's probably something I'll get eventually, but I just can't justify dropping $60 on a game right now when I already know pretty much everything that happens. That's definitely on my list for the future, though.
---
#6gldooriiPosted 5/8/2013 12:05:05 PM
Tomb Raider is under $40 on Amazon.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#7glassghost0Posted 5/8/2013 12:05:31 PM
Maybe Borderlands 2 then?
---
No Thanks
#8GGearXPosted 5/8/2013 12:06:59 PM
Hmm. Do you like arcade games? Battle block theater is pretty good. There hasn't been much out this past 6 months.
---
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#9LazyDave1Posted 5/8/2013 12:09:16 PM
I'm in a similar situation to you, and I'm going to buy either Tomb Raider or Far Cry 3. Both are fairly new, well-reviewed, and they are down to about $40 on Amazon.
#10Aristoph(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 12:11:26 PM
Maybe Borderlands 2 then?

Damn, I had totally forgotten about BL2! Definitely one I'm going to look into. None of my friends have it, though, which means the multiplayer aspect would be minimal for me. I'm not a big fan of playing with randoms, for reasons that should be obvious to most. So I may add that to my list for the near future along with BioShock Infinite.

Tomb Raider is under $40 on Amazon.

Tomb Raider or BioShock.

Tomb Raider looks interesting, but I've never been a fan of the series. And while the reboot does seem a bit closer to my style of game, I just wasn't really wow'd by anything I've seen about it so far. Except maybe Conan's review. XD It's a shame the rental store up the street went out of business, because it would've been a prime candidate for rental.
---