This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I need a new 360 game. Recommendations?

#21rb10001Posted 5/9/2013 12:04:01 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...
rb10001 posted...
bioshock 3 is a pos game. only hyped due to graphic style which i also think is crap and does not belong in a videogame. if i want to see disney graphics ill watch a disney movie. also it's a buggy game that has yet to be fixed.

get conan on the 360. think god of war 2. it's a blast.

Whew...it sucks that Bioshock 3 is bad...At least we got the amazing Bioshock Infinite!

i refuse to call it by that stupid name. i was dumb enough to pay 60 bucks to play this on the ps3. heck, i was dumb enough to buy the digital release on ps3 due to all the hype.

not only is bioshock 3 a buggy mess the digital release is much worse. on the ps3, the digital release is like a damn slideshow. it really is unplayable. yet the disc based ps3 version of the game is smooth. really boggles the mind. and it's not just me, this problem has been documented ranging from amazon reviews to seeing it yourself in youtube videos.

needless to say i hope you can see where my anger comes from now. no patch at all to fix the problem. not to mention the pc version has a weird bug. when you move the mouse the game stutters for a second. tons of mico-stutters in that version all around as well. even with an expensive gaming pc using a ssd. this is also well documented.

i never played the 360 version. i will assume it does not have problems the ps3 or pc versions have. the game is all graphics with shallow gameplay. sure, you get to see a lot of cool stuff but notice the keyword see? this game lacks gameplay. it tries to rely on pretty graphics and wondering "ohhh... i wonder what Elizabeth will say next!" think about this, has there been any talk about dlc or patches? no. due to the game failing and failing hard. says a lot when they sold a season pass and now they are silent. it did not meet what it needed to sell and i'm sure had a lot of refunds or exchanges. furthermore taking money away from sales.

again, conan is much deeper as it has this little thing called gameplay. it also copies god of war 2's gameplay very, very well. it is the only game i have played that has pulled this off.
---
http://youtu.be/xiWIVLNLeoI
#22SparkItUpPosted 5/9/2013 12:09:08 PM
It's not within your 5 month timeframe, but I would still highly recommend Spec Ops: The Line for around 20$ off of eBay...fantastic game that got overlooked by many...it's definitely in my top 5 this gen
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#23NauticalDisastaPosted 5/9/2013 12:15:23 PM
kat_14_ posted...
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen came out not too long ago for $40. Great buy if you don't already have the original (this one includes the original game plus all dlc and a new expansion pack (on disc only, can't be downloaded as far as I know)). Can definitely sink alot of time into it.

This^. It fulfills your RPG need and you can sink a HUGE amount of time into it. Has a cool feature that has you using NPC teammates that have been created by other Xbox Live players. Also, some of the best action RPG combat around. I picked up a copy of the original for $20 at Gamestop.
---
"Either it'll move me, or it'll move right though me. Fully. Completely." - Gordon Downie
360/Steam= NauticalDisasta
#24Aristoph(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 12:29:56 PM
Right now I'm leaning towards Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen if I can find it for $40, and perhaps also grabbing Arkham City GOTY edition for $20. Two games for the price of one sounds great to me. And this would also fulfill both my RPG and my Action/Adventure urges at the same time.

I'm obviously gonna browse the shelves for a bit first and see if anything jumps out at me. But that's my inclination at the moment.
---
Gamertag: Aristoph
http://www.youtube.com/user/SotCRules
#25shawnmckPosted 5/9/2013 1:09:27 PM(edited)
I recommend getting Metro: Last Light that comes out next week.

Tomb Raider is another good choice.

Beyond that, I can't recommend anything without knowing your preferences.
The only reason I mentioned these two was because of you mentioning Black Ops 2.
But keep in mind that the games I listed are for SP only.
If you are considering getting a game for MP, then ignore my list.
#26Marnex15Posted 5/9/2013 1:57:16 PM
I recommend Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen as well.

Or Darksiders II. It's like $20 or so on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Darksiders-II-Xbox-360/dp/B0056WJA30
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#27BBBanks03Posted 5/9/2013 2:09:32 PM
Aristoph posted...
Right now I'm leaning towards Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen if I can find it for $40, and perhaps also grabbing Arkham City GOTY edition for $20. Two games for the price of one sounds great to me. And this would also fulfill both my RPG and my Action/Adventure urges at the same time.

I'm obviously gonna browse the shelves for a bit first and see if anything jumps out at me. But that's my inclination at the moment.

Waitaminnit, you haven't gotten Arkham City yet?? Get dat s***!!

You can pretty much close the topic now.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#28kat_14_Posted 5/9/2013 2:13:26 PM
Aristoph posted...

Dark Arisen was released at $40 so it shouldn't be any more expensive. Might even be able to nab it for cheaper somewhere. Arkham City GOTY is also a blast! :-)
#29finchusedPosted 5/9/2013 2:16:26 PM
Far Cry 3. Its a good one.
---
6 GB RAM, Intel i7 2.66 Ghz, Nvidia Geforce GTX 260