This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Serious question why do so many people hate COD now?

#71hump3rdnkPosted 5/9/2013 1:56:22 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
People who "hate" CoD = people trying to be cool

Not your thing? It's not mine either. But I recognize that they're well made and fun games.

Grow up

People calling cod haters wannabe cool people and following up with a comment saying they dislike but acknowledge its a good game = people trying to be even cooler
#72alienfreaks04Posted 5/9/2013 1:58:56 PM
I personally haven't played the last 2 Call of Duty games. And I don't go on message boards or to friends and actively hate on it. Because that only makes you seem childish.
---
My signature is better than yours.
#73CapwnDPosted 5/9/2013 2:12:06 PM
I personally haven't played the last 2 Call of Duty games. And I don't go on message boards or to friends and actively hate on it. Because that only makes you seem childish.

Exactly. Because you're a real gamer, not an angst filled brat.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#74TheAnalogKid06Posted 5/9/2013 3:12:04 PM
I started hating it because the netcode got increasingly abysmal with each new iteration after MW2, the series has done nothing original or good since MW2, and the fact that it is literally the only game some people play anymore while ignoring all the games that are actually good every year.
---
GT: TheAnalogKid06
Can't wait to play: Last of Us, Watch Dogs, GTA V, Killer is Dead, Dark Souls 2, A Link to the Past 2, MGS V, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
#75SunDevil77Posted 5/9/2013 3:16:54 PM(edited)
Quote:SunDevil77 posted...
People who "hate" CoD = people trying to be cool

Not your thing? It's not mine either. But I recognize that they're well made and fun games.

Grow up

People calling cod haters wannabe cool people and following up with a comment saying they dislike but acknowledge its a good game = people trying to be even cooler

@hump3rdnk
Not at all.
I know I'm actually quite uncool.
---
#76DiaperDandeePosted 5/9/2013 3:21:01 PM
I'm a bit indifferent to the games, every once in a while I'll play it and have a decent time with some friends.

Things that can be said against the games though:
-For the longest time, they looked identical to each other in looks. Call of Duty 4 was a great looking game for its time, one of the best looking and then they never truly improved the graphics/engine after that.
-Killstreaks can be cheap to the point where you get spawn killed without being able to do anything
-There is always at least one gun/item that is broken or overpowered

Some of these things can be said for other games but they stick out like a sore thumb in the CoD franchise.
---
Playing: Tomb Raider, Halo CE Anniversary, Battlefield 3
#77jakethenoobPosted 5/9/2013 3:21:35 PM
People that say someone only hates CoD because it's popular are all just using it as an awful excuse to defend the game.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#78CapwnDPosted 5/9/2013 3:29:48 PM
People that say someone only hates CoD because it's popular are all just using it as an awful excuse to defend the game.

Not really. If you read the topic you'd see that my argument is that people are often just trying to be condescending jerks about it, and From: DiaperDandee | #076
-For the longest time, they looked identical to each other in looks. Call of Duty 4 was a great looking game for its time, one of the best looking and then they never truly improved the graphics/engine after that.
-Killstreaks can be cheap to the point where you get spawn killed without being able to do anything
-There is always at least one gun/item that is broken or overpowered

Some of these things can be said for other games but they stick out like a sore thumb in the CoD franchise.

The engine and graphics have been improved with each release. It might not be that noticeable... until you go back and play the old ones.

As for you other two points... if you have a good team that's not an issue. And actually there's not really any one overpowered gun in the games. They all have some strength and many weaknesses. With perhaps the exception of the MP5 or whatever that was, in WaW. It's what I always used anyways, so I never thought that others using it felt overpowering. Just felt normal.

See there's nothing wrong with not liking the game. It's the condescending, elitist, pretentious douchebaggory that goes along with it.. that's what's annoying. Speaking of which, usually Pothocket has chimed in by now. That's what annoys me too, seeing some people who are usually normal people just regress into this pile of douche when COD is mentioned.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#79anc19951717(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 4:36:39 PM
CapwnD posted...
You were pretty civil for the most part, but you still felt the need to make a topic stating how you were already cool for hating COD before it was cool to hate COD.

Incorrect
I made a topic asking why people hate cod what you have stated is irrelevant to my reasoning. In fact I always thought I was weird for hating the game seeing other people hate on it also just made me curious.
---
XBL gamertag-anc1995