This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku asks if one joke makes Blood Dragon homophobic (spoilers)

#21TantrumBullPosted 5/9/2013 4:09:37 AM
Are we ready to get kotaku shut down yet?
---
For what ever reason G_gglypuff completely forgot Ninja Gaiden Black is an Xbox game even though I told him it is and even told him I have it. >_<
#22knightimexPosted 5/9/2013 4:29:29 AM
Dagoth_Wit posted...
knightimex posted...
TC, what was said in the link about gays offends you?

Just wondering...

You didn't read his post.

K, I read the article out of pure boredom.

I don't like her.

^ That's the nicest thing I can say to avoid getting moderated.
---
Old School Style Games FTW!
#23BingSanpaoPosted 5/9/2013 4:49:33 AM
To be fair she has catchy titles

Faith In Humanity Slowly Depleting: This Jerk And His Supporters Find Joy In Harassing Women Gamers (WOW ganking)

These Cosplayers Are Sick Of Being Treated Like Pieces Of Meat

The Lack Of Women Presenters At The PS4 Event Is Bigger Than Sony

What Happens When You Accuse Someone Of Attempting Date Rape In Guild Wars 2

BioShock Infinite Is The Best Multiplayer Game I've Played In A While
#24Awesomely Awesome AJ(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 5:32:11 AM
I haven't read any of her stuff before this article. It was brought to my attention on Twitter so I had to check it out even though I normally refuse to go to Kotaku. If nothing else, she does have a nice rack.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#25Dragon NexusPosted 5/9/2013 7:02:36 AM
Normally I dislike the "Well I'm not offended, so it can't be offensive!" mentality that springs up with these debates, that and the "I have a gay friend and he didn't mind!" mentality.

But honestly, looking at that line...I can't see how it would be offensive unless you're already a pretty touchy guy on such issues. Like, if you just get offended at everything anyway.
It's humourous banter between two guys. It's no worse than anything brought up in GTA4, for example. It wasn't derogatory saying homosexuality was a bad thing, it was just poking fun at another characters overinfatuation with himself by knocking him down a peg.

Yup, tabloid BS at its finest.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#26BlueJester007Posted 5/9/2013 7:08:07 AM
Once again, people are making a big deal out of nothing. Are people really that f***ing bored?
---
Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best game out of the MGS series because it is the least Japanese.
#27pothocketPosted 5/9/2013 7:09:09 AM
StucklnMyPants posted...
That's way too long of an article for a joke that was like eight words long.

This is all that needs to be said. Clearly this "journalist" is on some type of self riotous crusade and won't shut up until others care as much as she does.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#28pothocketPosted 5/9/2013 7:21:58 AM
It's this sentence right here that should make everyone laugh in her face at being such a massive dumbass: I don't think your identity somehow exempts you from saying something harmful. I've certainly said sexist things in the past despite being a woman, for example.

She is so ****ing stupid she doesn't even realize that sentence, itself, is sexist.

If anyone has an account at this stupid site, please flood the comments section pointing out how much of a massive hypocrite she is.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#29Arucard05Posted 5/9/2013 7:23:20 AM
I've certainly said sexist things in the past despite being a woman

Holy suit.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Go there now! Or don't. Whatever man.
#30BeastLeeAdamsPosted 5/9/2013 7:24:36 AM
Gamefaqs is troll heaven and you can't recognise that most of this article is probably fake and that the real question is, is that maybe after a while jokes tend to add up? I mean come on people actually read the article, almost all of it is not true. It's called READING COMPREHENSION!
---
"Go die. Everyone should go die.
Brb. Dying." - NashtheLion