This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku asks if one joke makes Blood Dragon homophobic (spoilers)

#31shawnmckPosted 5/9/2013 7:37:14 AM(edited)
Yeah, I hate kotaku as well...they are also the ones that called the game Dead Island: Riptide and it's Developer Deep-Silver "sexist" and "anti-women", simply because they offered a female zombie bust in a bikini in the UK & Australia (nowhere else), and then went on to interview Leftist women from the US about this (even though it wasn't being offered in the US...UK only).
Kotaku is full of **** !

BTW
Here is what the bust looks like...

http://russellbulletin.com/2013/04/24/dead-island-riptide-special-edition-includes-zombie-bust/
#32bossk5Posted 5/9/2013 7:41:16 AM
Arucard05 posted...
Kotaku

I didn't even read the rest of the topic title. Let me guess, it's something stupid.

*Ding Ding Ding!!!*
---
I buy used games. If you're a MGS fanboy and want to argue....don't bother, I assure you your opinions mean nothing to me. Just a heads up.
#33Killah PriestPosted 5/9/2013 7:44:24 AM
yea that bust wasn't sexist or anti-woman

it was just tasteless trash.

I don't read any opinions from these types, they pretty much look around for things to protest so they can get attention.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#34dj___rollPosted 5/9/2013 8:04:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#35Banana_ManaPosted 5/9/2013 8:05:37 AM
Arucard05 posted...
I've certainly said sexist things in the past despite being a woman

Holy suit.

Haha.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/blog-page.html
Bestestest top ten lists ever!
#36pothocketPosted 5/9/2013 8:12:33 AM(edited)
dj___roll posted...
That's not sexist, it's defining the statement.

Than she would be implying "sexism" only applies to one gender.

Either way, it is sexist.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#37RE2LeonSPosted 5/9/2013 8:19:51 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Normally I dislike the "Well I'm not offended, so it can't be offensive!" mentality that springs up with these debates, that and the "I have a gay friend and he didn't mind!" mentality.

But honestly, looking at that line...I can't see how it would be offensive unless you're already a pretty touchy guy on such issues. Like, if you just get offended at everything anyway.
It's humourous banter between two guys. It's no worse than anything brought up in GTA4, for example. It wasn't derogatory saying homosexuality was a bad thing, it was just poking fun at another characters overinfatuation with himself by knocking him down a peg.

Yup, tabloid BS at its finest.

Bingooo
---
My views on DLC, if it takes longer for me to work to pay for it than actually play it, it's not worth it. Don't buy Capcom games! GamerTag - RE2LeonS
#38mrhappyguy12345Posted 5/9/2013 9:14:54 AM
StucklnMyPants posted...
That's way too long of an article for a joke that was like eight words long. Kotaku, sensationalism, and all that jazz. Kotaku does these articles because they will generate hits, and the director has to repeatedly make it clear that the game isn't anti-gay (which is probably why he brought it up again in the interview), because everyone knows what happens when a company or product is labeled anti-gay.

But seriously, Kotaku is a joke.

This. It's cool to try and improve situations in the industry and ask tough questions but that isn't even close to this drivel. For one the article is written in such a biased, snooty way that I want to puke in my mouth. She attacks him as if the game made you chase around homosexuals, round them up, and cook them for dinner.

It's a cheesey joke that is part of the lame over the top 80s vibe that the game is going for. And she makes the entire game out to be homophobic? Talk about a quantum leap. People need to stop looking for things to be offended by, and stop trying so hard to stand up for people who never asked for, and probably never wanted this kind of "help".

It seems like this is all kotaku really does anymore. Is this game sexist, racist or biased in some on minute way that we can blow out of proportion for more hits? Then write a bs article about it.

What happened to you Kotaku? You used to be cool.
---
I love video games : )
#39The_Dark_Slay3rPosted 5/9/2013 9:49:23 AM
http://i.imm.io/15l9B.png
#40CapwnDPosted 5/9/2013 10:07:31 AM
I didn't even read the rest of the topic title. Let me guess, it's something stupid.

Hey not every site can be as genius as Beware the Robot Squad!

That reminds me... I haven't been in awhile.
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss