This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku asks if one joke makes Blood Dragon homophobic (spoilers)

#91Killah PriestPosted 5/11/2013 11:49:19 AM
This thread should have ended with the louis ck skit.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#92pothocketPosted 5/11/2013 12:08:12 PM
That1Guyy posted...
It seems to me that the people who always get upset at articles like these are the people that are afraid they won't be able to make the very jokes the article is about.

I'm offended at the thought not being able to make offensive jokes. Your move smart guy.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#93FredSavage27Posted 5/11/2013 12:57:31 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
FYI....99.99999% of the people on the net whining about a lack of "political correctness" and claiming that certain things are racist or homophobic (when they're really not) are white straight people.

So if you go into a Popeyes and call everyone the n word, nobody's going to get offended?
#94That1GuyyPosted 5/11/2013 1:04:43 PM
pothocket posted...
I'm offended at the thought not being able to make offensive jokes. Your move smart guy.

Maybe if you used complete sentences I'd have a clue as to what you're trying to say.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#95pothocketPosted 5/11/2013 1:43:38 PM
That1Guyy posted...
pothocket posted...
I'm offended at the thought of not being able to make offensive jokes. Your move, smart guy.

Maybe if you used complete sentences I'd have a clue as to what you're trying to say.

I fixed it for you. Hope that helps. Please let me know if you encounter any more grammar/spelling errors.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#96TheBlueStigPosted 5/11/2013 2:19:42 PM
FredSavage27 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
FYI....99.99999% of the people on the net whining about a lack of "political correctness" and claiming that certain things are racist or homophobic (when they're really not) are white straight people.

So if you go into a Popeyes and call everyone the n word, nobody's going to get offended?

That depends on the skin color of the one using the word.

And what exactly would you call ASSUMING that everyone in a Popeye's Chicken restaurant is going to be black ? ? ?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#97davidvincPosted 5/11/2013 6:11:28 PM
Why do you think that the article was removed, was it too risque for kotaku
---
Check out my collection and leave a comment!
http://backloggery.com/davidvinc
#98FredSavage27Posted 5/11/2013 6:27:29 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
That depends on the skin color of the one using the word.

Going back to the subject of casual homophobia, how is one going to determine somebody's sexual orientation based on overhearing the f word in a high school hallway, or using "gay" as an insult in a semi-anonymous internet post?
#99Arucard05Posted 5/11/2013 6:29:50 PM
And what exactly would you call ASSUMING that everyone in a Popeye's Chicken restaurant is going to be black ? ? ?

Just like the "I was sexist once, and I'm a woman" I can't tell if these people are that clueless, or simply hilarious.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Now celebrating one year of irrelevance.
#100SSBCandidatesPosted 5/11/2013 6:40:21 PM
I hate this age of political correctness. You could get in legal trouble for petty stuff.