This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Those of you who have massive disc-based collections are fools.

#41atopp399Posted 5/9/2013 10:10:34 AM
OP trying to justify digital content, lol.
---
I'd buy that for a dollar
#424sakuraHa0Posted 5/9/2013 10:21:47 AM
If you left your disc in the open when you are not playing it yes ... you are a fool.

But if you take extra seconds, to put the disc back inside the case and keep it in your gaming shelf/drawer/closet etc... then don't worry about it.

But yes, that extra seconds are very expensive these days.
---
If someone post "I don't care", they actually care VERY much.
If they DON'T care, they WON'T bother posting.
#43HakuPosted 5/9/2013 10:25:44 AM
I'll take my chances with disc rot, over being at the mercy of the content providers.
#44Tenchi UKPosted 5/9/2013 10:28:27 AM
I have a couple of psone games that have gone "cloudy" due to the black ink oxidising but i dont know if that would affect the data layer (since the black ink was some kind of scratch proofing or something i think)
---
Pear into Peaches!
#45XerainPosted 5/9/2013 10:32:56 AM
Pretty much if it's made out of plastic, you're gonna be lucky to get 50-100 year out of it under even the best of circumstances.

On the Digital Front we have EMP, power outages, and all sorts of equipment failure.
However the main plus of digital is you can easily make lots and lots back up copies....
....enter DRM.
---
Sliced bread is over hyped. I give it a 5.
~~Xerain
#46TheBlueStigPosted 5/9/2013 10:33:08 AM
Tenchi UK posted...
I have a couple of psone games that have gone "cloudy" due to the black ink oxidising but i dont know if that would affect the data layer (since the black ink was some kind of scratch proofing or something i think)

Black ink?

WTF?

Are you talking about the monotone black ink on Greatest Hits releases?
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#47Tenchi UKPosted 5/9/2013 10:34:03 AM
the black plastic which makes up the underside of ps1 games.
---
Pear into Peaches!
#48eternalblue02Posted 5/9/2013 10:46:44 AM
The only fools are people who don't take care of their games.

It's not hard to buy a duplicate/sealed game and vacuum pack it for safe keeping if you collect like myself.
#49_Dreamcast_Posted 5/9/2013 10:49:20 AM
i have numerous PSX games that i bought in 1995, 1996, 1997, etc. that still work perfectly fine...

i'm not worried... just don't treat your stuff like crap...
---
You can't take the sky from me...
#50thecougPosted 5/9/2013 10:50:35 AM
mightymike2035 posted...
I think you are a fool for being rude to people you dont know. I mean come on and show some manners and self respect. Would you walk into a room full of strangers and call them fools? I doubt you would.

But....this is the internet.
---
The Coug abides.
XBL Gamertag: TheC0ug | Currently Playing: Fallout: New Vegas