This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Those of you who have massive disc-based collections are fools.

#61Sand_CoffinPosted 5/9/2013 12:20:06 PM
Better than "buy it digitally for this gen and want to play it on a next-gen console? Buy the game digitally again!"
#62FoppePosted 5/9/2013 12:25:43 PM
Let's see...
Does my Sega CD games still work?
Eyup.
Does my Turbo CD games still work?
Eyup.
Does my 3DO games still work?
Eyup.
Does my CD-i games still work?
Eyup.
Do my Laserdisc movies still work?
Eyup.
Are they all over 20 years old?
Eyup.
Am I a big fool for taking care of my games?
Eyup.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#63SunDevil77Posted 5/9/2013 12:27:13 PM
I love how TC hasn't come back
---
You'll...never see me coming.
#64slayer456Posted 5/9/2013 12:51:04 PM
I dont get how people damage or even completely mangle game discs. It's either in the case, or in the system.

Are people skipping them across hardwood floors for fun?
---
100 Stories, of 100 Tons of 110% Ten-Speed Terror. Straight Out the Grease Yo, Like...Bam.
#65redskinStuPosted 5/9/2013 1:08:47 PM
Wait a minute...are you telling me all the times those EB games staff tried to pimp me, I mean sell me, a scratch warranty, THEY WERE TELLING THE TRUTH??
#66PrealienkingPosted 5/9/2013 1:09:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#67mamervPosted 5/9/2013 1:19:53 PM
Didn't they say this about the floppy disk too? I don't remember, I still have backups from the 90's on those things that run fine still, and all the data is still on it. That said the hardware to run a floppy disk is becoming a bit harder to find, not impossible, just harder.
---
I don't always play video games, but when i do I prefer to do it in 36 hour marathons.
#68PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 5/9/2013 2:37:44 PM
By the time my stuff stops working either I'll be dead or it will exist in digital format somewhere.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#69DarthVashtiPosted 5/9/2013 2:40:47 PM
By the time that mappens to my collection I'll have stopped playing games anyways.
#70tgoldbergPosted 5/9/2013 2:45:19 PM
The only reason a disk would break is if you took poor care of it. Digital games, OTOH, go the way of the dodo the instant it becomes unprofitable for the server it's contained on to be maintained. In five years, you will not be able to buy Sonic CD for Xbox 360, while the original Sega CD version will still be floating around on ebay.
---
Your favorite game will always be underrated.
Their favorite game will always be overrated.