This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Those of you who have massive disc-based collections are fools.

#81NintendologicalPosted 5/9/2013 4:31:27 PM
This is award winning trolling. Over fifty responses from people who fell for it. Hats off to you, sir.
---
"Your uncle was so dumb he paid the full price of a new PS2 to rent it for a week? Your family tree must be a straight line" - Finlandia
#82rpggamer29Posted 5/9/2013 4:37:32 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Now, wait a goddamn minute...are you saying that if we treat our possessions poorly, they will cease to function?

Preposterous. SCAMMERS.

---
It's not paranoia if the Random Number Generator is really out to get you.
#83SolKarellenPosted 5/9/2013 4:41:32 PM
PS1 games I've owned for more than a decade play just fine.
---
"There'd come a time when life'd pull us apart. S'not a reason to avoid people."
#84WinternovaPosted 5/9/2013 4:42:54 PM
kingwutugu posted...
I love, worship and believe in the almighty lord Jesus Christ, sorry sir I'm no fool, only those that don't believe, maybe you should of used the term idiot or something else, next time maybe get a dictionary, an old one not the new ones.

You hadn't posted in this topic before this...what in the blue hell are you talking about?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#85bigpitchaPosted 5/9/2013 4:49:16 PM
fiasco86 posted...
Mutant1988 posted...
Winternova posted...
Mutant1988 posted...
At least they seize to function to due to end user error or natural degradation. They don't seize to function because it's no longer profitable to maintain functionality.

Cease to function.

"Seize" means to grab something suddenly and forcibly. "Cease" means to stop doing something.

My bad.

Was that all? Nothing relevant or worthwhile to contribute?

Oh, sorry, of course not.

I forgot who I was talking to.

I think what he contributed was very worthwhile to you personally, if not to the conversation.

Exactly. Your point is automatically invalid when you don't know the difference between two basic English words such as "seize" and "cease"
---
Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.
#86PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 5/9/2013 4:49:54 PM
Nintendological posted...
This is award winning trolling. Over fifty responses from people who fell for it. Hats off to you, sir.

Lol, I love people. A stupid topic and some people putting their two cents in off reading just the TT and OP thus missing maybe one point of the article and suddenly it's "epic trolling." lol My post was a little uninformed too, am I somehow incapable of walking now that I was trolled so hard or something? Or am I laughing it off and wondering if I have any games with disc rot?

*shakes head* I just think it's funny how people exaggerate things here. "Oh snap! D'you see that topic where TC said one thing but it was really another thing?! OH MAN da ER was stank with hurtin buttz that night!"

What a hobby... whatever gets you off i guess lol.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#87vega2505Posted 5/9/2013 5:10:30 PM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
Was browsing NeoGAF and came across a thread mentioning this-

http://www.rfgeneration.com/news/Disc-Rot/An-important-note-to-Video-Game-Sellers-and-Buyers-1337.php

Just as a heads-up, the top layer of every disc is the part with the data. If anything is done to that layer, including small nicks, bubbles, etc., then the disc is rendered useless.

Cartridges eventually suffer from bit rot, but you can replace the components in a cartridge.

My discs don't get scratched and all of my cartridge games dating back to the NES still work...it's how you take care of your stuff, not the stuff itself.
---
I used to be a Street Fighter like you...then I took a Spiral Arrow to the knee.
#88WinternovaPosted 5/9/2013 5:19:07 PM
vega2505 posted...
My discs don't get scratched and all of my cartridge games dating back to the NES still work...it's how you take care of your stuff, not the stuff itself.

Disc rot is all about "the stuff itself" and has little to do with how you take care of it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#89psnshade71Posted 5/9/2013 5:19:12 PM
Mutant1988 posted...
Killah Priest posted...
uhh no, what he is saying is no matter how well you take care of your discs they aren't designed to last forever.

No, really?

At least they seize to function to due to end user error or natural degradation. They don't seize to function because it's no longer profitable to maintain functionality.

So yeah, I think I'm still sticking with physical media a while longer. That said, I really want DVDs and optical media to die out soon in favour of solid state disk/read-only flash memory formats.

Cease.
---
Follow me on facebook, twitter, and google plus.
#90psnshade71Posted 5/9/2013 5:22:54 PM
PPPPLAASSUMA posted...
Nintendological posted...

Lol, I love people. A stupid topic and some people putting their two cents in off reading just the TT and OP thus missing maybe one point of the article and suddenly it's "epic trolling." lol My post was a little uninformed too, am I somehow incapable of walking now that I was trolled so hard or something? Or am I laughing it off and wondering if I have any games with disc rot?

*shakes head* I just think it's funny how people exaggerate things here. "Oh snap! D'you see that topic where TC said one thing but it was really another thing?! OH MAN da ER was stank with hurtin buttz that night!"

What a hobby... whatever gets you off i guess lol.

The topic had nothing useful or informitive. Sorry your bored. You should seize and a cyst.
---
Follow me on facebook, twitter, and google plus.