This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why not release a Megaman HD collection? What's holding Capcom back?

#21corex3dPosted 5/9/2013 1:13:23 PM(edited)
i would buy this is a second if they made it

i still have x1-x3, on snes, x4-x5 on ps1, and x7-x8 on ps2 don't own x6 but have beat it before would be nice to have them all for 1 system sure they have the x collection for ps2 but the xbox isn't a ps2 now is it
#22GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 1:17:32 PM
corex3d posted...
i would buy this is a second if they made it

i still have x1-x3, on snes, x4-x5 on ps1, and x7-x8 on ps2 don't own x6 but have beat it before would be nice to have them all for 1 system sure they have the x collection for ps2 but the xbox isn't a ps2 now is it

Nice to know there are still big fans of the series. :)
Megaman was my "super mario bros." when I was young.
He's awesome. I just don't want him to die.
---
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#23BBBanks03Posted 5/9/2013 1:27:30 PM
I mentioned this exact same thing on the Mega Man X SF board a few months ago. It seems like the perfect thing to create for his 25th Anniversary; sadly, it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen any time soon. But to the people saying Capcom have abandoned him forever… no way. He’ll be back. It may not be tomorrow, but Capcom isn’t going to all of a sudden forget they love money and intentionally choose to not make it by ignoring their trademark character forever.

Even so… you have to think, that breakup between Capcom and Inafune must have really, REALLY bad for them to snuff Mega Man for so long now. I mean, they’re the most money-hungry company out there, and they actually chose NOT making money in favor of sticking it Mega Man, which can only really be tied to Inafune leaving. That, is some pretty bitter stuff, coming from them.
---
Can someone bum me a sig? I'm fresh out.
#24GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 1:31:50 PM
Was it ever explained why inafune left? Or what caused capcom to just STOP making MM games ?
---
GT: KryDamoure (The male version of Tomoko Kuroki)
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#25Dragon NexusPosted 5/9/2013 1:48:50 PM
Because no matter how hard you try, you cannot HD 320x240
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#26GeistPosted 5/9/2013 1:55:01 PM
KakkaKarrotKake posted...
Geist posted...
It would be a waste of time and cash. Only a small niche group of gamers would buy it.

Yeah, like how only a small niche bought Mega Man 9 and 10---oh wait

Yea they did so good that they never released sales figures....
---
Currently playing : Batman A.C.
#27FredSavage27Posted 5/9/2013 2:12:33 PM
You can't just "upscale" 2-D sprites to HD. When they released Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, they had to redraw every background and every single frame of animation.
#28GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 9:10:41 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29VertaniaPosted 5/9/2013 9:38:35 PM
I agree, except for this:
Redrawn sprites ( maybe give MM 1-7 the MM8 look, which I really liked)

They should redraw MM7 and MM8 in 8-bit instead.

I just want them to be available so that they can add new achievements and challenges. I've already beaten 1-6 too many times and I'm looking for a reason to keep replaying them.
---
I hate my username.
#30Tommy2GoGoPosted 5/10/2013 4:02:17 AM
DwnWitThaSystm posted...
I agree, except for this:
Redrawn sprites ( maybe give MM 1-7 the MM8 look, which I really liked)

They should redraw MM7 and MM8 in 8-bit instead.

I just want them to be available so that they can add new achievements and challenges. I've already beaten 1-6 too many times and I'm looking for a reason to keep replaying them.

As many people want this to happen.
It most likely wont.

Why? Redrawing animations for EVERY single thing in the game and backgrounds will take a long time.
So much time that it will have to be released in a single game. Because if you're charging $20 -$40 for the entire "HD" collection. They'll be losing money. When they can easily charge $15 for just the game alone.

Plus the fact that not many people are 'wanting' MM7 or 8 to be fully redrawn.

Plus considering there are a lot of MM games out there.
So including the MM original and X series plus redrawn sprites for a few games AND extra MM games that are 'not known' will be giving too much for too little.
Yes, for the consumer it's AWESOME.

But for Capcom, it's them potentially losing money.

They could release MM CLASSIC COLLECTION VOLUME 1. Features MM1-4 plus artwork and commentary from the creators PLUS music!
For only $15!!!! Many people will be all "HELL YEAH CHEAP! for all that much?!?!?!? AWESOME"

Then they can release 5-8 with their commentary and artwork for the same price. Then release 9 and 10 for a 'good' deal with their dlc.

Then they could do that with the X series as well.
Hell, they could release MM ORIGINS and include only MM1 and 2 and just release 'packs' for $5. The pack would include 2 more megaman games. Capcom could just keep doing that until the last 2 are release. Afterwards just release the ENTIRE MM origins for a few dollars cheaper than getting each pack one at a time. It will give people the illusion that they are getting a deal out of it when they intended to release it all in it's entirety from the get go. So those that only buy a pack or two of their favorite mm games will be fine. So they don't lose potential customers that only wanted 1 or 2 MM games.

Now a days, the things like 'collections' aren't ever truly 'complete' Hell, take a look at SF 25th Anniversary Collection box. You got all RECENT SF games + dlc codes. No alpha 3, or vanilla SF2 or even SF2 HF. Yes yes, they are all just upgrades. But Alpha 3 is part of the SF series! Why not include that? SF collectors box is for 'people that aren't Street Fighter fans. Simple as that. Hell, recall those arcade classic packs Capcom kept releasing? Not sure if they still are. But it was just 2-3 old school arcade games for a cheap price. They had 'volumes' of that and in the end you can get their entire 'collection' for a nice price.

Blahblahblah.

TC. Stop dreaming. HD collection wont / can't happen for other reasons as well. You can't really give 'hd' to an old game like that. They would have to box it. So your nice HD TV will have to scale it down to half it's resolution.

Too much time consuming and most likely not worth their money.