This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTA V 360 users 4 disc Confirmed?

#41seanskatePosted 5/10/2013 11:21:20 AM
Remember playing dead space 2, reaching chapter 6 and suddenly.. BAM disc swap!! that swap was so bad i didn't even bother putting disc 2 in. waste of time that game was.
---
SEN = BakerBoard
XBL/ WiiU = ClickedButton
#42Wolf_J_FlywheelPosted 5/10/2013 11:40:43 AM
like i said, whole map and side stuff and cars in storage would be on all discs. imagine you're in a free roam police chase across a field and you reach the invisible "swap disc line". you put that other disc in, it would be impossible to start off at the point you stopped, with your blue car with the mirror on the right broken off. the two cop vehicles on your left one of which that just caught fire before the swap, the other missing 3 doors. The chopper that was at a 30 degree angle off your right. none of that would be possible to retain in swapping discs. and god forbid if you are trying to lose them and make a u-turn then another, then another.
---
Flywheel's Old Fashioned Whore House
-----Where the customer comes first-----
#43Lightning_fanPosted 5/10/2013 12:14:03 PM(edited)
rawrLIKEaB05S__ posted...
Blu Ray>HD DVD

And yet, fanboys differ from fact.

360 does not use HD DVD.
The HD DVD drive add on was discontinued.
People have not been talking about HD DVD vs Blu Ray for a while... Still stuck in the past?

Furthermore what does that media movie format war have to do with GTAV?
#44Dragon NexusPosted 5/10/2013 1:11:19 PM(edited)
Every time someone brings this up I cite Star Ocean on the 360. Later in the game if you are crafting you could be switching discs 15 times per hour. Now I don't think GTA will be as bad. But it has happened.

Once.
It has happened once in the entire 8 year history of the 360. And even then it wouldn't have had to have happened if the developers had done something like given you a hand held cell phone that linked to your ship or something, so you didn't have to go to disk 3 to craft stuff.

Imagine if the game is divided into four areas and when you zone into a new one you need to swap discs? I don't think it will be like that, but think about it.

Again, that's not how games like GTA work. World size has little correlation to how much space it takes up on a disk.

that swap was so bad i didn't even bother putting disc 2 in. waste of time that game was.

You stopped playing a game because the "Please change disks" screen offended you? You're in for a very troubled life.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#45xanthan1Posted 5/10/2013 1:25:20 PM
JascoD posted...
Open up menu - CHANGE DISC.

Reload weapon- CHANGE DISC

Cross the bridge- CHANGE DISC

Ughhh....

Hey look, someone with no idea how games that are on multiple disks works! Fun!

Also, who cares, chances are each disk is for one character and a 4th for....hm, maybe a freeroam mode with higher detail due to not taking up room with cutscenes and such?
#46jakethenoobPosted 5/10/2013 1:28:22 PM
As long as you only need one disc to play the game and you just install the others, it's fine if the install discs don't take ridiculous amounts of harddrive space.

Also people seriously need to learn the difference between a disc and a disk.
---
Game collection: http://postimage.org/gallery/1tqkmeku/
#47spacejamjordanzPosted 5/10/2013 4:52:16 PM
They should have an install option if the game needs multiple discs. I understand it may not all fit on one DVD-9. I hope the additional disks can be for data installation. Therefore I only have actually use one disk to play the game.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#48kat_14_Posted 5/10/2013 9:04:00 PM
CammyApple posted...
kat_14_ posted...
I don't know what the complaints are about. I'd MUCH rather pay 60 bucks for tons of content than get a short game that doesn't last just because I don't wanna get off my butt. It's not like a disc change will be required every 20 min. There'll be play sessions where you don't have to change the disc at all I'm sure.

It's good news to me. Just means more content for my buck. :-)

Every time someone brings this up I cite Star Ocean on the 360. Later in the game if you are crafting you could be switching discs 15 times per hour. Now I don't think GTA will be as bad. But it has happened.

Imagine if the game is divided into four areas and when you zone into a new one you need to swap discs? I don't think it will be like that, but think about it.

It's not a matter of people "not wanting to get off their butt". It's a matter of there being solutions that are not used. Allow all the discs to be installed but require disc 1 (and only disc 1) to play. Yeah people without a HDD would have to swap.

Yeah I thought about that when I was writing my post. But I assumed (or I suppose, hoped) they wouldn't do something like that. I doubt they would, but I guess time will tell.
#49rofflchopperPosted 5/10/2013 9:10:04 PM
gamefreak918273645 posted...
I don' t care if it is multiple discs and I trust R* to handle it the right way.

This ^

Multiple discs does not matter. And Rockstar won't mess it up. I honestly believe that the free roam/whole map will be on all discs.

If 4 discs is true. I bet:

Disc 1- Free Roam/Campaign Part 1
Disc 2- Free Roam/Campaign Part 2
Disc 3- Free Roam/Campaign Part 3
Disc 4- Multiplayer

I expect something like this if this is true. If any company would do multiple discs right, it's Rockstar.

People make this out to be a bigger deal than it is. Game companies aren't going to make it a huge inconvenience such as inserting a different disc to drive to a different area. But I know fanboys would like to believe that.
---
Dear Society, Please stop calling Justin Bieber gay. We don't want him either.
Sincerely, Homosexuals.