This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Games in USA = Product. Games in Japan = Art

#51JJ2036Posted 5/11/2013 6:27:50 AM
Asura's Wrath.. still couldn't get over a movie game that makes you pay for the real ending lol. Nice one capcom.
---
GT: JayIsDaTruth
#52josh924Posted 5/11/2013 8:24:37 AM(edited)
I'd like to point out that Guitar Hero hasn't been relevant for years now, even before GH games stopped being made altogether. Also, Guitar Hero was heavily influenced by Guitar Freaks, which itself was a Japanese arcade game series. GH was basically GF made for North Americans.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.
#53GamerSanta(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:53:22 AM(edited)
DId you guys hear about Metro: Last Light? The hard mode/difficulty is either DLC for you to purchase. That or you have to buy the game right when it comes out to get a "first edition". Talk about price skimming.

My argument only solidifies that Western games are nothing but a product.
---
My magnificence knows no bounds.
#54SunDevil77Posted 5/11/2013 10:53:17 AM
GamerSanta posted...
DId you guys hear about Metro: Last Light? The hard mode/difficulty is either DLC for you to purchase. That or you have to buy the game right when it comes out to get a "first edition". Talk about price skimming.

My argument only solidifies.

Asura's.Wrath.
---
Today is the first day of what's left of your life.
#55GamerSanta(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 10:57:24 AM(edited)
JJ2036 posted...
Asura's Wrath.. still couldn't get over a movie game that makes you pay for the real ending lol. Nice one capcom.

Asura's Wrath was planned for a sequel but its poor sales were enough to cancel the plans. Instead, the real ending was released so that gamers could find resolve. Capcom offered the conclusion for a DLC price instead of either leaving the game a cliff hanger forever or making a whole new game and charging $60. I do not always agree with their practices but this was generous and it didn't take an army of crying babies to get the ending changed (Mass Effect 3).
---
My magnificence knows no bounds.
#56TheAnalogKid06Posted 5/11/2013 11:06:04 AM
GamerSanta posted...

My argument only solidifies that Western games are nothing but a product.

Nice job completely ignoring my entire argument about all the western games that aren't just products and continuing to cherry pick bad things about western games. If you support Capcom and their DLC practices then I suppose it is hopeless trying to appeal to you with logic and reasoning.
---
GT: TheAnalogKid06
Can't wait to play: Last of Us, Watch Dogs, GTA V, Killer is Dead, Dark Souls 2, A Link to the Past 2, MGS V, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.
#57That1GuyyPosted 5/11/2013 11:18:15 AM
Second page of the topic. TC has completely ignored every post that contains evidence contrary to his argument. This is where everyone stops posting.
---
Perfection. Where everyone fails.
If you expect nothing you can be happy for everything.
#58SunDevil77Posted 5/11/2013 11:32:16 AM
That1Guyy posted...
Second page of the topic. TC has completely ignored every post that contains evidence contrary to his argument. This is where everyone stops posting.

One would hope. But many people don't read the whole topic before posting, thus he will proceed lure some more unsuspecting, rational folks in with his insanity/close-minded BS.
---
Today is the first day of what's left of your life.
#59kingwutuguPosted 5/11/2013 11:45:05 AM
not really b/c most don't get translated right and the dialogue is horrible, not the VA but the dialogue doesn't make a lick of sense.
---
There is no I in team, But there is an I in Win
#60ssj5goku2005Posted 5/11/2013 12:09:53 PM
I usually don't like Japanese games (which may sound dumb considering my username...but I made that 8 years ago) however there are a few exceptions (Mario, Sonic, a few fighting games, Deadly Premonition was good as well...and a lot of classic NES-era games)
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009