This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So a few weeks back I made a topic questioning why people LOVED Dark Souls.

#1JigglybuffPosted 5/9/2013 6:55:55 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/65857383

Link for those interested.

Well....I can honestly seee why now.

I haven't played it like BILLIONS OF HOURS, but in the past month alone I have put well over 27 hours into it, taking my play time on my current file from 2 hours to 29.

Now while my opinion has not changed that much, I still view the game as one of the most overrated titles in recent years, mainly because of its fanbase.

But I have had a blast with it.

I mean I can't pick it up and play it EVERY day. I sometimes can go 4-5 days without playing it. And sometimes when I do I can only play it an hour and a half and im done. But I do enjoy it.

I literally just rang the second bell like 10 minutes ago after 6 attempts to kill the boss.

So while its not my favorite game, I still enjoy it a hell of a lot.

Though one thing I don't get is that whole argument that "Once you like Dark Souls you will never like Skyrim again" or whatever the DS fanbase says.
I don't see why people compare the two games so DAMN much. They aren't really anything alike other then being set in a fantasy setting with an open world.

But I do enjoy the game, and am proud to say my opnion of it changed over this past month.
---
IRON. CLAD. CONTRACT.
#2velvet_hammerPosted 5/9/2013 6:56:57 PM
easily one of the best games this gen with a unique and awesome MP
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#3Dev445Posted 5/9/2013 7:01:07 PM
velvet_hammer posted...

What MP?
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#4GaratuzoPosted 5/9/2013 7:08:37 PM
So which games do you consider "moderated" ?
#5BeastlyScarfPosted 5/9/2013 8:19:48 PM
Cool. I'm glad you gave it a chance for it to grow on you.

Some people barely bother putting in more than an hour to learn the game yet insist on coming into topics like this over and over just to call it a bad game with cheap difficulty.
#6Jigglybuff(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 9:04:59 AM
BeastlyScarf posted...
Cool. I'm glad you gave it a chance for it to grow on you.

Some people barely bother putting in more than an hour to learn the game yet insist on coming into topics like this over and over just to call it a bad game with cheap difficulty.

Yeah I tried many times befpre to get into it. But I couldn't.

Now I love it. I mean I can't play it for hours on end, sometimes no nore then an hour. But it is fun
---
IRON. CLAD. CONTRACT.
#7SolidKnightPosted 5/10/2013 9:10:01 AM
Dev445 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

What MP?

The game has co-op and competitive play built in.
#8CyricsServantPosted 5/10/2013 9:12:36 AM(edited)
Dev445 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...

What MP?

Play the game while "alive" to take advantage of the summoning/invasion mechanics.

The messaging and ghost replay aspects of the game are always available, regardless of whether you're undead or alive.
#9AWarAmp84Posted 5/10/2013 9:16:33 AM
Meh. It's overrated and the majority of the game's fan base is annoying as hell.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.