This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Scumbag Microsoft...

#41aya469Posted 5/12/2013 11:58:25 AM

Perhaps you missed the part where you need Gold to use ALL apps on the 360....including the IE app.

There's a lot of things about Gold that's worth every penny of the $40 or less that a full year of Gold can be found for.

And as always in these dumbass Sony pony arguments, if you're one of the gullible marks paying for PS+ you're a raving HYPOCRITE when you complain about paying for Gold.

How so? I pay for PS+ and I've played and beaten SpecOps: The Line and am currently playing Sleeping Dogs, two great titles I had no interest in purchasing that I am now getting to play and enjoy. Factor in the other titles I've played along with other freebies and discounts and I'd say I definitely got my 18 dollars worth.

XboxLive gold is you paying to access the internet you already pay for to play multiplayer on a game you've already paid for on a system you've already paid for to access apps for subscription services that you....wait for it....already pay for. (netflix, hulu) How can you even compare the two services.

One is a rental service (albeit one that you don't get to choose the games you rent, while offering other freebies such as themes and gamer pics and game discounts that you can OPT to pay for to further enhance your system, while the other is nothing but a ripoff that renders your console borderline worthless without it. (and please don't tell me it doesn't, I couldn't even download a f***ing DEMO without it) Basically without Gold your Xbox can play single player games, thats it. No netflix, hulu, Internet f***ing Explorer (ya know, the free browser on close to every PC in the world) These are all just distractions to make the customer "feel" like they're getting something other than the ability to play their games online or "value-perceived" services.

And before we get into "LOLZ you're poor" I make 56k a year (not phenomenal, but a pretty damn good wage in AZ) and have no problem "affording it." I'm just done being fleeced by Microsoft after 7 years, that's all. I won't be purchasing their new system if they continue to charge to access your online (which they probably will) and will find it funny when the PS4 offers a comparable service in this upcoming gen free of charge what justifications the MS fanboys will come up with next. Microsoft may have had their hooks in me this gen, but a new gen is a fresh start and MS is f***ing crazy if they think I will continue to pay to access my internet in this upcoming gen. PS4 and PC for me all the way.

The gaming landscape has changed significantly since '05 and online should no longer be viewed as a "premium" service so much as a mandatory one. Go ahead and release a console without online capabilities and tell me how that works out for you. It's kind of like cable back in the day, when it was considered a premium service you could get away with showing boobies on a channel like Comedy Central and as it became more widespread it started to adopt the policies and practices of basic channels and while they could still get away with it, since you still technically pay for it, they wouldn't do it for the most part because the television landscape has changed and its no longer viewed as a "premium" channel like HBO or Showtime are.

Go ahead and continue to use the talking points you use to justify getting fleeced by them by I'm not buying it anymore. It's a shame how many ignorant customers there are out there that say things like "it comes out to like 4 bucks a month." I don't care if it was .01 cent a year and I found a penny on the ground, its the principle of the damn thing, but hey as long as Microsoft has ignoramus' willing to pay for things they already pay for, MS will continue to charge for them.
---
I write about games and stuff. Check it out if you want. thisispixelplanet.tumblr.com
http://www.examiner.com/gamer-in-phoenix/michael-mckenzie
#42MachineZedPosted 5/12/2013 12:27:42 PM
mistergrownman posted...

Try looking into the other 500+ topics about this in the last year, I'm tired of repeating things to mindless Sony fanboys who don't know how bad they've really got it outside of Japan.

So I have to listen to a mindless and gullible Xbox fanboy that still thinks he is actually getting something better for paying a premium. Gotcha!

What world do you live in where you don't expect to see fans of a particular system in a board for the system.

Outside Wii U and Vita boards where the trolls reign, I expect to find Xbox 360 fans on the 360 boards, and last time I looked this is the Xbox 360 boards.
#43spacejamjordanzPosted 5/12/2013 12:41:38 PM
MachineZed posted...
mistergrownman posted...

Try looking into the other 500+ topics about this in the last year, I'm tired of repeating things to mindless Sony fanboys who don't know how bad they've really got it outside of Japan.

So I have to listen to a mindless and gullible Xbox fanboy that still thinks he is actually getting something better for paying a premium. Gotcha!

What world do you live in where you don't expect to see fans of a particular system in a board for the system.

Outside Wii U and Vita boards where the trolls reign, I expect to find Xbox 360 fans on the 360 boards, and last time I looked this is the Xbox 360 boards.

I don't think that was his aim at all. You can find fans of any system on any board, but you will also find people who think these companies piss gold. I take it those are the kinds of posters he takes issue with.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#44TheBlueStigPosted 5/12/2013 3:56:43 PM
mistergrownman posted...

So you're deliberately lazy as well as a deliberately weak troll.

Live is a more secure network, Microsoft didn't lose a few MILLION credit card numbers to the hackers like Sony did.

Live is a more stable network, with downtime lasting no more than a couple hours when it happens, unlike the PSN which is down for a day or two every other week for "maintenance", resulting in some games not working because of their mandatory connection issues.

Live is more policed for cheaters, hackers, griefers, mic spammers, and general jackass players, unlike the PSN where you have to have lottery winning luck to be in a game with a moderator.

MS Points cards and Gold cards can be found on sale fairly regularly, unlike PSN cards or PS+ cards which almost NEVER go on sale.

Anybody living in the USA (and a couple other places) can get MS Points and Gold for Free through Bing Rewards, and XBL Rewards, which means free games that we get to choose ourselves, and we get to KEEP THEM, unlike PS+ users who don't get to choose their free games, and they don't get to keep them either because they're nothing more than limited-time rentals, and as soon as you stop paying for PS+ you lose access to those games completely.

In just over a year's time I've obtained more than $440 worth of Points, 4 free months of Gold, more than 2 dozen full games, 35 tables for Pinball FX2, 7 Game Room cabinets, and a good amount of DLC items, all absolutely FREE, all paid for by Microsoft themselves. Not one penny of my own money was spent on any of it. That trumps that measly $10 that only certain PSN users got last month. And I'm on the low end of the earners from Bing, some people have been raking in more than $100 a month from them for more than a year.

Gold users get Party chat, which makes teamwork even easier because everybody on a team can be in a single party, which makes their chat totally secure from the other team.

Gold gets me access to a ton of free apps where I can watch free movies, TV shows, and Anime, those apps alone have saved me more than triple the cost of Gold in anime and movie rental fees all by themselves.

Gold also gets people access to the Deal of the Week where the average discount is 50% to 60%, and other periodic sales where games get discounted all the way down to $5.

Now here's something you need to understand about the PSN, as long as John Koller and Eric Lempell are in charge in the USA and Europe, those regions of the PSN will be utter S*** compared to Japan where they actually know what they're doing. Japan has more than twice the content of any other region and they had it all more than 2 YEARS sooner than the USA did, as well as superior hardware support and superior advertising for both the systems and the games. Outside of Japan Sony has their collective heads up their asses and the support is crap.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin