This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metro Last Light "HARD MODE" is PREORDER DLC. We got to draw the line now.

#111Killah PriestPosted 5/11/2013 9:54:11 AM
The problem is the person in the marketing department that decided to say that mode was the way the game was supposed to be played.

Thats the thing thats really got people thinking its a vital mode instead of a bonus mode like they should.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#112Wizzl241Posted 5/11/2013 10:00:31 AM
Aldath posted...
Killah Priest posted...
Comes with the first run of the game, not a preorder bonus.

This doesn't makes it better.

So, now, in order to play the game with ll its aspects, you have to hurry up and get it?
I know used game sales exist, but like things are right now with gaming, belive me, it will stop being a reality, and if companies keep on doing this, guess what? Some peole might never get this game play :)

No, you can wait until the game is $30, buy Ranger Mode for $5, thus getting the same experience people paid $60 for, for only $35. And that's assuming you can't find the limited edition, seeing as how new copies of Battlefield 3 limited edition can still be found. Cry more?
---
I like video games.
PSN Vita/XBL: Wizzl241
#113majinbuu58Posted 5/11/2013 10:01:39 AM
God i hate gamers. If you don't want to pay extra for extra content, don't cry about missing it.
#114Neo1661Posted 5/11/2013 10:08:00 AM
The problem is the person in the marketing department that decided to say that mode was the way the game was supposed to be played.

Thats the thing thats really got people thinking its a vital mode instead of a bonus mode like they should.

And this.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bKCUN.gif
#115MertensCWPosted 5/11/2013 10:34:53 AM(edited)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=632q94e2zm8&feature=player_detailpage#t=98s

Make them pay for what they've done.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#116diablogamerPosted 5/11/2013 10:34:08 AM
Havent seen one good reason yet from you "pro" screw over the customer as much as possible guys yet. Yes hard is a vital part of the game and stripped content is not dlc. Do you see anyone complaining about the extra ammo and gun ? No you dont because while striping that away is pretty shady its not a vital part of the game like hard mode is.

They really need to drop the price on these games if the dev and publishers dont want to release full game experiences anymore oh but of course they feel entitled to my money no matter how little content they offer.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#117Runner_stylePosted 5/11/2013 10:40:10 AM
Killah Priest posted...
For the xbox, yes. For the pc, no. If they put ranger mode as an afterthought dlc in the first game, then why wouldn't they include it on disc in their new game? They are ripping out content then dangling it over your head and saying "You better buy it soon or you wont get this mode!"

We're on the xbox boards.

Blame microsoft then. If not for microsofts policy on charging for any updates for games on the 360 it would've been free.
---
'Weeaboo, Troll, Fanboy, White Knight' are the last defence used by idiots hoping by saying it will some how validate their opinions/arguments.
#118glassghost0Posted 5/11/2013 10:47:08 AM
The amount of people that still don't realize that the topic title is wrong is astounding....

Maybe I can make this even more clearer, don't see why I have to.

-You buy the game, it will have Easy, Normal, and HARD mode in it.

-TC based this topic off of one thing that Angry Joe said (lol) which was either wrong completely or someone is misunderstanding somewhere

-Every copy of the game will be the "limited edition" when the game launches, every copy will have "RANGER MODE" which is the mode that TC is trying to say is hard mode.

-The First game had Ranger mode too!!!! It was DLC that you had to payyyyy for

And as for the 'lol' to my comments about research, if anyone could read, I looked it up while writing my 1st post. I didn't care to look it up, but the urge came over me, because of how dumb and wrong this topic was gonna go, which it did.....
---
No Thanks
#119DrFeelgood1984Posted 5/11/2013 11:00:36 AM
zerooo0 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYSCjGbv3YY

It's an Angry Joe vid, but he's right on this one. This is unacceptable and these practices will only continue to get worst.

I'm not against DLC incentive Preorders, but this is not the right way to handle it. DLC weapons, money, XP, etc are better incentives on doing.

inb4ewAngryJoe

inb4noonetakesAngryJoeseriously

inb4inb4

You are the problem. Line should have been drawn a long time ago but people like you are ok with pre-order bonuses.
#120hump3rdnkPosted 5/11/2013 11:04:31 AM
glassghost0 posted...
Rocker3512 posted...
Sorry guys but its still bullcrap. You're telling me that if I dont buy Metro Last Light within a certain time period, which means paying 60 dollars, I dont get to play on hard mode unless i pay 5 bucks? This is still ridiculous.

It's not Hard mode, jesus christ

And you don't have to pay 5 bucks for anything....

I agree with you, I don't see a problem with this as it will be with all first run copies of the game and even years from now you'll be able to find the "special edition" at a lower price, I just bought max Payne 3 and it still had the pre order bonus and came with a copy of max Payne 1.

Although in all fairness, if this were a pre order bonus it would be lame and I think it should just be included in the game as its not a new thing, the first metro game had ranger mode as dlc but that kind of means it should just be included with the new game.

I guess I see both sides of the argument but I mostly agree with ghost while still seeing why some are upset, ranger mode is not just a bonus difficulty, it is the way metro was meant to be played, the game is about survival and scrounging for resources, if you play on hard mode you have an abundance of resources and it takes the "survival" entirely out if the game, if you play on ranger mode you have limited ammo, limited money and no hud at all you actually have to play smart and conserve resources or you won't make it.

It is the way it was meant to be played and it's not a new idea so it shouldn't have been a problem including it in the game and not as a "bonus" but I also don't see much of a problem as everyone who loves this game enough to play through ranger mode will likely be pre ordering the game anyways.