This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metro Last Light "HARD MODE" is PREORDER DLC. We got to draw the line now.

#121Neo1661Posted 5/11/2013 10:07:22 AM
The amount of people that still don't realize that the topic title is wrong is astounding....

Maybe I can make this even more clearer, don't see why I have to.

-You buy the game, it will have Easy, Normal, and HARD mode in it.

-TC based this topic off of one thing that Angry Joe said (lol) which was either wrong completely or someone is misunderstanding somewhere

-Every copy of the game will be the "limited edition" when the game launches, every copy will have "RANGER MODE" which is the mode that TC is trying to say is hard mode.

-The First game had Ranger mode too!!!! It was DLC that you had to payyyyy for

And as for the 'lol' to my comments about research, if anyone could read, I looked it up while writing my 1st post. I didn't care to look it up, but the urge came over me, because of how dumb and wrong this topic was gonna go, which it did.....

It's the hardest mode in the game and it's the way the game is meant to be played. It only comes with first run of copies so if you want to play hardest mode then you will have to get it on release day or few days after.
---
http://i.imgur.com/bKCUN.gif
#122SgtStrungOutPosted 5/11/2013 10:17:47 AM
majinbuu58 posted...
God i hate gamers. If you don't want to pay extra for extra content, don't cry about missing it.

That is why you are not a gamer, because you settle for mediocrity. Damn I hate all these fake gamers that like the way modern gaming ruined gaming.
---
PSN ID = ContraCommando
#123king_maddenPosted 5/11/2013 10:20:20 AM
SgtStrungOut posted...
majinbuu58 posted...
God i hate gamers. If you don't want to pay extra for extra content, don't cry about missing it.

That is why you are not a gamer, because you settle for mediocrity. Damn I hate all these fake gamers that like the way modern gaming ruined gaming.

lmao get over yourself dude, a gamer is someone who likes to play games.

its not some elite individual who only mingles with the best of the best. my goodness some of you are so delusional.
#124majinbuu58Posted 5/11/2013 10:33:02 AM
SgtStrungOut posted...
majinbuu58 posted...

ITP: Mad that other people can afford games brand new.

I've only bought one game full price this gen that disappointed me. And I have 200+ games. I feel sorry for you if you think most games/dlc are mediocre.
#125TrugamerPosted 5/11/2013 10:34:53 AM
I just love how 7 years after $5 horse armor we now want to "draw a line" it's pretty comical really.
#126ValedictorianXDPosted 5/11/2013 10:35:29 AM
Neo1661 posted...
The amount of people that still don't realize that the topic title is wrong is astounding....

-TC based this topic off of one thing that Angry Joe said (lol) which was either wrong completely or someone is misunderstanding somewhere

-Every copy of the game will be the "limited edition" when the game launches, every copy will have "RANGER MODE" which is the mode that TC is trying to say is hard mode.

And as for the 'lol' to my comments about research, if anyone could read, I looked it up while writing my 1st post. I didn't care to look it up, but the urge came over me, because of how dumb and wrong this topic was gonna go, which it did.....

It's the hardest mode in the game and it's the way the game is meant to be played. It only comes with first run of copies so if you want to play hardest mode then you will have to get it on release day or few days after.

While I understand the need to bash TC for giving us total bs info, he does bring up a few points. Metro: Last Light's Ranger mode will cost $5 for non-pre-orders. This means that if you don't snag the game early, for whatever reason, there's a really good chance you have to fork over an extra 5...for extra difficulties. Maybe these difficulties aren't necessarily harder but I think some of you guys are being much too naive right now. Have you ever played any games from past generations and unlocked extra characters, maps, items or DIFFICULTY MODES? If not, maybe you had the pleasure of doing that in a few games this generation like say...Dead Space 2. These difficulty modes aren't always more challenging than the base game but they do add a variable to the traditional rule-set of said game.

This sort of stuff has always been available for free in the past just by completing the game. Why is it now that we feel justified in paying extra money, under certain circumstances, to get something that should already be in the game? The answer is that you shouldn't. Right now, instead of being filthy apologists and rabid fanboys, you guys should be feeling cheated. The fact that this was done before and people paid for it doesn't hold any water here. The entire practice itself is completely wrong and it has been for quite some time.

Naturally, as this is the most recent example of said practice of bad DLC, somebody is going to bring it up and complain. Sure, that's annoying but at least those guys choose to make a stand instead of living their life on their knees. Most of you could learn a thing or 2 about self-respect. As it is now, it looks like a majority of gamers have no backbone because "publishers don't care" or because "bad DLC has been done for so long." Make them care and make them stop because eventually, and mark my words, there will come a day when games will become exactly what games like DLCQuest are parodying right now. The sad part is that while you deny it right now, you'll probably end up buying those games as well.
---
The New Official Seriously Glitcher Guy
#127deimos91Posted 5/11/2013 10:42:39 AM
zerooo0 posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYSCjGbv3YY

It's an Angry Joe vid, but he's right on this one. This is unacceptable and these practices will only continue to get worst.

I'm not against DLC incentive Preorders, but this is not the right way to handle it. DLC weapons, money, XP, etc are better incentives on doing.

inb4ewAngryJoe

inb4noonetakesAngryJoeseriously

inb4inb4

cant really do much for a game that has no MP that what incentives usually are
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#128shdwdrgnixPosted 5/11/2013 10:43:28 AM
why are people complaining about this? The first game had the exact same thing as DLC and that game was released 3 years ago. Also,

THIS IS NOT HARD MODE, get it through your heads that it is the same thing as the hard mode that is in the game. The only thing ranger mode does is remove your HUD and give you less ammo.
#129king_maddenPosted 5/11/2013 10:49:55 AM
ValedictorianXD posted...
Neo1661 posted...

While I understand the need to bash TC for giving us total bs info, he does bring up a few points. Metro: Last Light's Ranger mode will cost $5 for non-pre-orders. This means that if you don't snag the game early, for whatever reason, there's a really good chance you have to fork over an extra 5...for extra difficulties. Maybe these difficulties aren't necessarily harder but I think some of you guys are being much too naive right now. Have you ever played any games from past generations and unlocked extra characters, maps, items or DIFFICULTY MODES? If not, maybe you had the pleasure of doing that in a few games this generation like say...Dead Space 2. These difficulty modes aren't always more challenging than the base game but they do add a variable to the traditional rule-set of said game.

This sort of stuff has always been available for free in the past just by completing the game. Why is it now that we feel justified in paying extra money, under certain circumstances, to get something that should already be in the game? The answer is that you shouldn't. Right now, instead of being filthy apologists and rabid fanboys, you guys should be feeling cheated. The fact that this was done before and people paid for it doesn't hold any water here. The entire practice itself is completely wrong and it has been for quite some time.

Naturally, as this is the most recent example of said practice of bad DLC, somebody is going to bring it up and complain. Sure, that's annoying but at least those guys choose to make a stand instead of living their life on their knees. Most of you could learn a thing or 2 about self-respect. As it is now, it looks like a majority of gamers have no backbone because "publishers don't care" or because "bad DLC has been done for so long." Make them care and make them stop because eventually, and mark my words, there will come a day when games will become exactly what games like DLCQuest are parodying right now. The sad part is that while you deny it right now, you'll probably end up buying those games as well.

my main thing is why is this such a HUGE problem now, but no one said anything when they first did it 3 years ago.
#130Wizzl241Posted 5/11/2013 10:54:19 AM
ValedictorianXD posted...
Neo1661 posted...

You're wrong, you don't have to preorder it to get Ranger Mode. Just buy it new. Ranger Mode is included with all new copies. So you do not have to pay extra money. Or, if you don't want to pay full price for the game, then wait till the game is cheaper, say $30, then pay the extra $5. You'll still end up paying less than the original $60. Simple.
---
I like video games.
PSN Vita/XBL: Wizzl241