This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Metro Last Light "HARD MODE" is PREORDER DLC. We got to draw the line now.

#281chrcolPosted 5/19/2013 10:14:13 PM
"If angry joe and the people on this board could read, they would realise that EVERY FIRST RUN COPY OF TUE GAME GETS RANGER MODE, IF YOU DONT BUY THE GAME WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH OF ITS RELEASE YOU WONT GET ANGER MODE BUT IF YOU DID BUY IT THEN YOU PROBABLY COULDNT GIVE TWO ***** ANYWAY."

right so if you dont buy it early it doesnt matter? I read a lot of tripe on this forum. People who wait to buy games are not 2nd class customers. The problem is retailers hate stockign games when they not a brand new release, in fact I will even go far to say they only like stocking for pre orders. The uk game website is full of out of stock messages for nearly everything on its website, it seems they just consider that normal operating conditions. amazon is the only online retailer that has a sane policy where they stock unused copies of games that arent brand new.

Also stop spreading misinformation its a pre order bonus, so you have to pre order to get it, not just buy it early.
#282flame030191Posted 5/19/2013 10:21:47 PM
chrcol posted...
"If angry joe and the people on this board could read, they would realise that EVERY FIRST RUN COPY OF TUE GAME GETS RANGER MODE, IF YOU DONT BUY THE GAME WITHIN THE FIRST MONTH OF ITS RELEASE YOU WONT GET ANGER MODE BUT IF YOU DID BUY IT THEN YOU PROBABLY COULDNT GIVE TWO ***** ANYWAY."

right so if you dont buy it early it doesnt matter? I read a lot of tripe on this forum. People who wait to buy games are not 2nd class customers. The problem is retailers hate stockign games when they not a brand new release, in fact I will even go far to say they only like stocking for pre orders. The uk game website is full of out of stock messages for nearly everything on its website, it seems they just consider that normal operating conditions. amazon is the only online retailer that has a sane policy where they stock unused copies of games that arent brand new.

Also stop spreading misinformation its a pre order bonus, so you have to pre order to get it, not just buy it early.

It's a Limited Edition bonus. The "pre-order bonus" is the free upgrade to the LE, which remains $60 until all copies are sold out. The code is inside the case, not on your receipt.

And isn't it pretty reasonable that the mode that is meant for fans of the original, and that fans of the original would likely pick the game up early? If you don't pick it up early, oh well. You still get the game, you're just missing one mode that isn't required to play.

Look at past games that have done similar tactics. Sonic '06 charged $10 for EACH CHARACTERs' Hard Mode. That's $30 extra if you wanted it. Nobody complained, people either bought it or they didn't.

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 charged $10 for Onslaught Mode, a co-op mode actually on the disc already and meant to be in the launch. People didn't complain. Heck, there wasn't even that much complaining that, if you didn't buy the game within a small amount of time, you lost access to the VIP status, which allowed you to use on-disc maps in other modes, that the maps were already modified on-disc to be compatible for.

Assassin's Creed 2 removed two missions meant to be in the launch of the game due to time constraints: by the time of release the two missions weren't completed yet. They completed them and released each for $5.

Notice that all three of these games released years ago and pulled similar tactics?
---
PSN ID: armyflame (formerly Troll_Face_Flame) X360 gamertag: That Guy Flame
Pre-ordered and anticipating: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Battlefield 4, and Last of Us
#283123pataponPosted 5/22/2013 10:13:59 AM
I will buy the game when it's 15 bucks or less, new or used, and will enjoy it
just like I enjoyed the 1st (also paid 12 bucks).

Couldn't care less about ranger mode, metro is all about the story.

I never buy DLC stuff unless it's a proper expansion.