This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Here is my vision of the future of gaming

#1Hucast9Posted 5/10/2013 11:18:42 PM
People may laugh at me, but I think that Kinect is the future. Not Kinect solo, but Kinect in combination with holographic projection. Imagine objects appearing in your room that you can interact with. Visualize how Joker controls the Normandy in Mass Effect by interacting with holographic objects in front of him, and now imagine yourself doing the same as Joker perhaps in a mini game or as part of a cutscene.

Imagine playing a Metroid game where you are inside Samus's suit like never before as you see holographic displays a few feet away from your head in combination with what's going on straight ahead of you on your tv.

Remember, the tv will not be replaced. Projected objects will augment what's going on in your tv to enhance the experience. This is something that's actually feasable and doable within the near future.
#2darkharePosted 5/10/2013 11:25:04 PM
Hucast9 posted...
People may laugh at me, but I think that Kinect is the future. Not Kinect solo, but Kinect in combination with holographic projection. Imagine objects appearing in your room that you can interact with. Visualize how Joker controls the Normandy in Mass Effect by interacting with holographic objects in front of him, and now imagine yourself doing the same as Joker perhaps in a mini game or as part of a cutscene.

Imagine playing a Metroid game where you are inside Samus's suit like never before as you see holographic displays a few feet away from your head in combination with what's going on straight ahead of you on your tv.

Remember, the tv will not be replaced. Projected objects will augment what's going on in your tv to enhance the experience. This is something that's actually feasable and doable within the near future.

not going to happen any time soon, but in order for this to happen its not so much technology as much as its having to change the mindset of gamers, most gamers dont want to stand up and physically do anything while their playing games most gamers want to sit on their ass playing a fps game while simultaniously balancing a beer on their belly.

---
I grow drums, rattles, didgeridoos and drone flutes. if intrested send pm.
#3Hucast9(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 11:36:02 PM
Check out this video that shows off what is currently possible perhaps for next gen. What I described in the original post would be a much more advanced version of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nGGMv9RnJIA
#4skip2malu52Posted 5/10/2013 11:41:05 PM
Lol.
#5TheBlueStigPosted 5/11/2013 10:56:36 AM
The TC wants Tony Stark's computer....
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#6_MrENigma_Posted 5/11/2013 11:44:40 AM
TheBlueStig posted...
The TC wants Tony Stark's computer....

You mean you DON'T? I mean, not for gaming and all but, for increasing my bank balance.. and world domination. :-) For gaming I'll stick to sitting on my ass with a controller in my hands.
---
XBL GT. "Wile E Jaguar". 3DS FC 0688 - 6570 - 4452
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
#7Dragon NexusPosted 5/11/2013 12:44:34 PM
most gamers want to sit on their ass playing a fps game while simultaniously balancing a beer on their belly.

You say that like sitting down and relaxing while doing a leisure activity is a bad thing.
Do you usually stand to attention when watching a movie? Or read a book?

What's wrong with wanting to relax and be comfortable while playing a game?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#8SunDevil77Posted 5/11/2013 12:48:59 PM
For the love of all that is good and Holy. How do you use the 3 seashells?!
---
Today is the first day of what's left of your life.