This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

The Saboteur was a really fun game

#1casedawgzPosted 5/11/2013 6:23:01 AM
It's a damn shame that by the time Pandemic finally made a good game, it was too late for them to not get shut down. It was really a fun game. Reminded me of an Indiana Jones flick. Sometimes it's nice to just gun down thousands of Nazis without it being all grimdark and miserable. It was also a gigantic improvement over Mercs 2.
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#2BlueJester007Posted 5/11/2013 6:26:38 AM
casedawgz posted...
It's a damn shame that by the time Pandemic finally made a good game, it was too late for them to not get shut down. It was really a fun game. Reminded me of an Indiana Jones flick. Sometimes it's nice to just gun down thousands of Nazis without it being all grimdark and miserable. It was also a gigantic improvement over Mercs 2.

Um... Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction was also a pretty good game. But, you're right about Mercs 2. What a misstep that was.
---
Hoity Toity McSnoodiness.
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 5/11/2013 6:28:36 AM
I should play it sometime.
---
You know, whenever a poster uses the terms "b**** and whine" or "piss and moan" or something similar, I simply ignore the entire post.
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 5/11/2013 6:29:36 AM
You should, it's really underrated. Had so many excellent elements, and I never really encountered the bugginess reviewers talked about.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5JKSonicPosted 5/11/2013 6:33:19 AM
I REALLY wanted to like that game. However, what killed it for me was the terrible stealth mechanics. I always had the feeling that it was just completely random when I got caught. Loved the setting, characters were cool, concept was cool, but the execution was very off.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#6vigorm0rtisPosted 5/11/2013 6:34:28 AM
JKSonic posted...
I REALLY wanted to like that game. However, what killed it for me was the terrible stealth mechanics. I always had the feeling that it was just completely random when I got caught. Loved the setting, characters were cool, concept was cool, but the execution was very off.

Yeah, that was it weak point, for sure.
---
#7VlayerPosted 5/11/2013 6:35:36 AM
Pandemic also made Destroy All Humans 1 & 2 as well as Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2, which were good/great games.

Everything was looking great for them going by how they did during the 6th Generation, but something happened in 2008(prior to them releasing Mercs 2, which was indeed a bad game) which was the beginning of the end for them.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
S4(15 Episodes) of AD airs May 26th on Netflix!
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 5/11/2013 6:40:07 AM
They also did Mercenaries, although that was kind of maligned by Mercs 2, although I had fun with it.
---
#9casedawgz(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 6:58:13 AM
I should have specified, I meant this gen. They were a fine ps2 dev but they seemed to struggle with current gen.
---
Official Justin Gabriel mark of the PWB
#10656stoogePosted 5/11/2013 7:03:50 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
JKSonic posted...

Yeah, that was it weak point, for sure.

Really? I haven't played it in so long that I can't remember the specific mechanics, but I do remember that the stealth was one of my favourite aspects of it.

I really enjoyed this one too, TC. My only gripe was at the beginning when I seemed to be getting insane pop-up. After the first hour (once I got the car and escaped into the city) I never had a problem with it though. But I did think that it made a poor first impression.
---
How to treat a woman:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syRQ7iShpzY