This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think GTA V is trying too hard to be a movie?

#1chrishu311Posted 5/11/2013 9:43:46 AM
http://otfgaming.com/2013/05/11/gta-v-cinematics-and-gameplay-implications/

Seriously. Sometimes I think that this game only cares about it's story, especially since we haven't seen the slightest HINT of actual gameplay yet.
---
"Nothing is perfect. The world turns on a tilted axis just doing the best it can, and that's what makes it so damn beautiful." --Roy Mustang
#2VlayerPosted 5/11/2013 9:56:32 AM(edited)
Rockstar rarely shows off gameplay(EDIT: For GTA), hasn't everyone figured that out yet?
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
S4(15 Episodes) of AD airs May 26th on Netflix!
#3vigorm0rtisPosted 5/11/2013 9:46:19 AM
GTA gameplay is GTA gameplay. Pretty standard fare, it gets some upgrades here and there, but what are you expecting to see that's going to blow your mind gameplay-wise? The real evolution in GTA since GTA3 has been world and narrative.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 5/11/2013 9:47:22 AM
Vlayer posted...
Rockstar rarely shows off gameplay, hasn't everyone figured that out yet?

They showed a metric asston of gameplay for MP3.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5SunDevil77Posted 5/11/2013 9:53:47 AM
We haven't seen any gameplay yet...how can you form an opinion?
---
Today is the first day of what's left of your life.
#6VlayerPosted 5/11/2013 9:55:36 AM
I meant for GTA, I don't think I ever saw any gameplay for GTA IV in trailers.
---
FOX "made a huge mistake" cancelling the greatest comedy of all time; Arrested Development.
#7pothocketPosted 5/11/2013 9:56:01 AM
Place your bets now. The over/under on the opening cutscene being 20 minutes long before the player is actually in control of the game.

Over or under 20 minutes before getting to play?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#8chrishu311(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 9:59:20 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
GTA gameplay is GTA gameplay. Pretty standard fare, it gets some upgrades here and there, but what are you expecting to see that's going to blow your mind gameplay-wise? The real evolution in GTA since GTA3 has been world and narrative.

Right, but don't we need more than that by now? GTA IV was pretty terrible. I'd be really disappointed if it wasn't a bigger improvement than just a splash of paint.
---
"Nothing is perfect. The world turns on a tilted axis just doing the best it can, and that's what makes it so damn beautiful." --Roy Mustang
#9VlayerPosted 5/11/2013 10:03:10 AM
chrishu311 posted...
vigorm0rtis posted...

Right, but don't we need more than that by now? GTA IV was pretty terrible. I'd be really disappointed if it wasn't a bigger improvement than just a splash of paint.

You know you're in the minority, right?
---
#10BeastLeeAdamsPosted 5/11/2013 10:03:26 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Vlayer posted...
Rockstar rarely shows off gameplay, hasn't everyone figured that out yet?

They showed a metric asston of gameplay for MP3.

That's probably do to it being almost nine years later. Obviously it's gonna be somewhat different.
---
"Go die. Everyone should go die.
Brb. Dying." - NashtheLion