This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watch Dogs: Innovative Multiplayer

#11Killah PriestPosted 5/11/2013 12:43:48 PM
I too expected more than just the phones or at least for them to explain more about the phones.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#12SunDevil77(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 12:45:51 PM
Killah Priest posted...
I too expected more than just the phones or at least for them to explain more about the phones.

Like I said, if they do it well it could be really cool. Especially with next gen hardware. This just shows that the multiplayer has some new ideas and isn't just shoved in there like Tomb Raider.
---
Today is the first day of what's left of your life.
#13Killah PriestPosted 5/11/2013 12:47:41 PM
I hope its good too, don't get me wrong.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#14Dragon NexusPosted 5/11/2013 12:54:29 PM
More and more games want me to use the smart phone that I don't have...

I'm not saying it's not a cool idea and that it sounds really interesting and inventive, I'm simply saying it's kinda irrelevent to me since I can't access any of it.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#15spacejamjordanzPosted 5/11/2013 12:54:32 PM
I think the idea is kind of cool. I don't mind intergrating my phone into things. It could turn out to be pretty neat if it's done right.

Why not take risks and try new things? At least give it a shot before you write it off.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#16spacejamjordanzPosted 5/11/2013 12:55:54 PM
Dragon Nexus posted...
More and more games want me to use the smart phone that I don't have...

I'm not saying it's not a cool idea and that it sounds really interesting and inventive, I'm simply saying it's kinda irrelevent to me since I can't access any of it.

I'm pretty sure you can still enjoy Watch Dogs without a smart phone. Who really doesn't have a smart phone these days? Even my grandma has a one.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#17Dragon NexusPosted 5/11/2013 2:21:19 PM
I'm pretty sure you can still enjoy Watch Dogs without a smart phone. Who really doesn't have a smart phone these days? Even my grandma has a one.

Didn't say you couldn't.
And I don't have a smart phone. Why? Because I don't phone people. Ever. I barely text anyone (e-mail's still free) and I don't feel devoid of apps that I need to spend 200 on a gadget just to download them.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#18TheBlueStigPosted 5/11/2013 2:27:14 PM
Far too many boastful claims in that video, like smartphone integration, a fully interactive MMO without lobbies, singleplayer and multiplayer simultaneously linked, and especially full cross-platform multiplayer without PC players dominating the whole f***ing thing with superior controls.

Don't hold your breath on HALF that s*** making it into the final game in any workable form.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#19mistergrownmanPosted 5/11/2013 2:40:40 PM
I will probably still buy the game even if it doesn't have the smartphone features, but I'm not gonna knock them for actually wanting to try new things.
---
Guns don't kill people. Husbands who come home early do.
#20pothocketPosted 5/11/2013 2:54:52 PM
I don't have a smart phone but whatever. Never seen watchdog's gameplay before and that combat looks pretty sweet.

I know they didn't talk much about MP game details but if they let you control city functions, imagine another player on the train and switching tracks around that places another train in his path...hehehehe

Anything that involves interacting and competing with other players outside of filling them full of bullets is worth a look.
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson