This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Watch Dogs: Innovative Multiplayer

#21TheBlueStigPosted 5/12/2013 4:02:55 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
thats not innovative and has been done many times.. but it adds something to the game so thats a plus

No. If they use the whole phone aspect in multiplayer, that'd be the first time that phones have been used [well] in video games. Halo 4 and Forza's Smartglass implementation were pretty useless.

I dont give 2 rats ass about any game involving Iphone or Samsung Galaxy interactions etc etc.

Cool. So you not caring about it makes it not...new?

So a game "beaming" some part of itself to an outside screen that only each individual player can see, no, that by itself is not new at all, it's just the first time it's been done with a phone, previously it was screens in the controllers, PS-1, Dreamcast, and Wii-U all did it before with their memory units.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#22SunDevil77(Topic Creator)Posted 5/12/2013 4:12:17 PM
Christ almighty. Ignore the "innovative" then. Topic title is now "Watch Dogs: Multiplayer. It has multiplayer"
---
Today is the first day of what's left of your life.
#23spacejamjordanzPosted 5/12/2013 4:23:59 PM
We'll see how it all turns out. Still gonna get the game though.
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#24SparkItUpPosted 5/12/2013 5:05:15 PM(edited)
velvet_hammer posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
thats not innovative and has been done many times.. but it adds something to the game so thats a plus

No. If they use the whole phone aspect in multiplayer, that'd be the first time that phones have been used [well] in video games. Halo 4 and Forza's Smartglass implementation were pretty useless.

I dont give 2 rats ass about any game involving Iphone or Samsung Galaxy interactions etc etc.

kinda got to agree with this..Kudos to those that it does something for, but I just don't see what the big deal is about it. That being said, I am still kinda excited about the game. I just hope there are no phone required achievements or something of the like. Where I live, reception is a nightmare until I get to work, and even then, really if I am out & about, gaming is the last thing on my mind.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#25vigorm0rtisPosted 5/12/2013 5:14:27 PM
Eh... not really enthusiastic about this sort of thing.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#26DyingPancakePosted 5/12/2013 7:06:15 PM
Why the hell do people have to be so negative on this site?

Can't even have a topic about something that will be potentially fun without people somehow *****ing
---
Under a cold October sky, I wait
Number of deer shot this year: 2
#27GGearXPosted 5/12/2013 7:19:28 PM
Looks like the old timers won't be able to use that smartphone feature.
Glad to be young. Sounds neat. Thanks for the news Sun...
---
KryDamoure (Tomoko Kuroki dude)
..........I-I'm a very shy guy, I-I'm sorry ....... *blushes *
#28SparkItUpPosted 5/12/2013 8:00:35 PM(edited)
DyingPancake posted...
Why the hell do people have to be so negative on this site?

Can't even have a topic about something that will be potentially fun without people somehow *****ing

If someone brings up a subject, you are going to get opinions that either support or those that do not. For some it is a useless feature, thus it will not be fun for them. I still like the way the game looks, I simply do not care for this feature because it is something that I cannot use. A feature (of any kind) is either going to be foreseen as a positive feature that will enhance gameplay or as a negative feature because either it is something that is not liked or does nothing for some players gameplay. It's really that simple.
---
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#29SparkItUpPosted 5/12/2013 8:01:50 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
PC players dominating the whole f***ing thing with superior controls.

For those getting this on console....this is going to be the first major complaint.
---
#30SparkItUpPosted 5/12/2013 8:03:46 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
More and more games want me to use the smart phone that I don't have...

I'm not saying it's not a cool idea and that it sounds really interesting and inventive, I'm simply saying it's kinda irrelevent to me since I can't access any of it.

I'm pretty sure you can still enjoy Watch Dogs without a smart phone. Who really doesn't have a smart phone these days? Even my grandma has a one.

There are many that do not. Many areas do not provide adequate connections for cellphones or smartphones....The only reason I have one is because I need it for when I am at work...If not for work, I wouldn't bother with one.
---