This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does GTA 4 get so much hate?

#31NIN_tendoPosted 5/12/2013 10:13:36 AM
BigTlovesBEER posted...
Ecotron posted...
stripped of too much customization is essentially what ruined it. still a great game of course but that's what "ruined" it

If by ruined you mean created a sequel that was a success in every measurable way then I guess this is right?

NIN_tendo posted...

Yeah those stupid people and their opinions.

I don't think you have to like the game because "everyone else" did. IF there's thing about it you didn't like, there is a way to convey these thoughts without sounding like a troll or an idiot. When you go off on a rant about how the game is a "failure" or "sucks" or is "garbage", you're being a dumbass who lacks the ability to properly communicate with the rest of us.

Well I didn't say any of those things, you're taking the most extreme example and applying it to everyone that doesn't like the game. The game does get a lot of hate because some people legit don't like it. We aren't ALL trolls. Besides I can call say it sucks or that it's garbage because that's how I actually feel. If you think I'm a dumbass because of that it's your problem. I can say it's ruined because to ME it WAS ruined. Just because you want to be defensive about it doesn't mean everyone else is stupid.
---
Wii FC 3756-1965-4560-5571
360 GT xX NIN tendo
#32ish0turfac3Posted 5/12/2013 10:31:18 AM
Boring story, boring gameplay, boring world, boring characters. Need I go on?
---
GT: ish0turfac3 - Nintendo ID: ish0turfac3 - Steam ID: ish0turfac3
\\//ulcan4life
#33MertensCWPosted 5/12/2013 1:36:29 PM
ish0turfac3 posted...

You said nothing and all that needs to be said. Wish the GTA4 lovers would end their need to have everyone love the game.
Face reality for once. The game fractured the GTA fanbase between those who loved it and those didn't and it wasn't due to the lack of flying squirrels. It was many things which have been listed many times over.
---
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.
#34Arucard05Posted 5/12/2013 1:45:35 PM
Wish the GTA4 lovers would end their need to have everyone love the game.

Don't think for a second it doesn't go both ways.

With any polarizing game though, there will be discussion and argument for years, and with this one being one of the biggest of all time, it will only go on longer and more intensely.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Now celebrating one year of irrelevance.
#35Dragon NexusPosted 5/12/2013 3:48:30 PM
ish0turfac3 posted...

You said nothing and all that needs to be said. Wish the GTA4 lovers would end their need to have everyone love the game.
Face reality for once. The game fractured the GTA fanbase between those who loved it and those didn't and it wasn't due to the lack of flying squirrels. It was many things which have been listed many times over.

Fracturing the fanbase? Eh, perhaps. Thing is though we had a clear choice. GTA went more serious so if you like that, you have it. Meanwhile those who wanted something a little nuttier had Saints Row 2.

Then SR3 came along and split its own fanbase...leaving those of us who want a Saints Row 2 style game completely wanting.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#36Arucard05Posted 5/12/2013 4:11:38 PM
The simple solution is that everyone realize Just Cause is the One True sandbox game.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Now celebrating one year of irrelevance.
#37Ryan2002Posted 5/12/2013 4:27:24 PM
Hey cousin! It's me Roman. Do you want to play darts? No? Oh ok, I'll bother you later in about 15minutes.
---
A Jose Conseco Bat? Tell me...you didn't pay money for this.
#38Great_Pudding_3Posted 5/12/2013 4:59:30 PM
ish0turfac3 posted...

Sums it up just fine.

I'll still fire it up once in a while to go on the swings, if you know what I mean.
---
PSN / NNID: Chocobo_Dragoon
GT: Chocobo Dragoon